Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What in the Hell is this society / country of ours coming to?
What in the Hell is this society / country of ours coming to?
Gotta say, I'm glad that I'm as old as I am (be 66 in October). No way I want to be around in another 30 yrs. or more. 

This whole George Floyd incident (as tragic as it may be) has gotten way out of hand. Our society has lost it's moral compass, and things are being done and trying to be justified for a host of very wrong reasons. 

Enough is enough! You're not a protester if you loot businesses, start fires, destroy vehicles, and put the well-being of others at risk. You are a CRIMINAL! Plain & simple! 

This society of ours is, and has been, going down the wrong path for many years, if not a few decades. I'm not going to pretend like I have a solution or an answer. But, what I do know, is that we need change, and we can't wait any longer for it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: What in the Hell is this society / country of ours coming to?
Get out of the big cities would be my advice.  They're like a war-zone at times like this.

And while I agree that it looks like that cop in Minnesota murdered that man (and he should be severely punished if found guilty in court), a bad deed by one person does NOT give other people the right to loot, pillage, riot and burn down a business and attack innocent people.

I fully understand why some of those inner-city small business owners who are parked at the front door of their businesses with loaded AR-15s.   The police aren't going to (or can't) protect them, so they have every right to protect themselves and the business they've spent their whole life building.  A rifle is just about the only protection a lone business owner has against a mob of 50+ rampaging rioters.

Remember (even in times of relative peace) when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Sad
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
I know there was at least one person killed when they were trying to loot the back of a Fedex truck and got ran over. These people are rioters, not protestors. First Corona and now this. Almost seems like the news is directing a movie.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are political elements that are thoroughly enjoying the criminals that are rioting and looting for their personal gain. They just claim it's for George Floyd. Political criminal powers such as George Soros loves this unrest and instability. The political media love this as well.

Then there's the other aspect. If you wanted a moral compass, it's not to be found in American Christian religions that excuse sinful life and activity. There are warnings in the Bible of nations that forget God, and America is in that category. (Psalms 9:17) In the Church of God, the one that is not part of the Pentecostal or caught up in tongues or Heavenly languages, we believe living free from sin after salvation. Matthew 1:21 tells us Jesus came to save from sin, not in it.

Combining the two problems above, many people would rather blame someone else for life's problems and injustices. I am not going to say it's only the Democrats that cause American political injustice, there's plenty of Republicans that are involved as well. Add in that most Americans are not truly saved from sin, and the problems compound to include most in America. People are no longer checked on wicked thoughts, and the evidence is there to see in the riots. But it's also there in everyday life. When you have things in place like legal killings called abortion, and angry men and women that force removal of God and prayer from schools and life in general, don't expect the results of man's life to be better.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
We are witnessing the very fabric of our society being ripped to shreds.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sincerely hope and pray there is more goodness in our society than what we are currently witnessing.

OpalRose
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Machine Choices
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This has been building for quite some time. The Floyd affair was just the excuse - this time.

And it's going to get worse, simply because anti-democratic forces are NOT being resisted effectively and many people on the Left are inciting division and violence by convincing people they are victims, whether of white people generally, or more specifically white, older men, who are the 'enemy du jour'.

This is most effectively illustrated by ex-President Obama, who continues to make speeches railing against 'black oppression' and inequality, yet he - a black man himself - managed to become the President of America! I want some of that inequality please!

Like the OP said, I am glad I'll (hopefully) shuffle off this mortal coil before real anarchy breaks out. And it will, in some form or another.

My expectation is that violence and anti-democratic actions will continue to escalate and, because the authorities/swamp/global elite are allowing (or even pushing for) things to get worse, the fightback - when it happens - will have to be reciprocal violence. Imagine that for a moment - the violence happening right now, as bad as it is, is coming from one side only. What would we be seeing if equal numbers of their opponents were in the streets and using violent tactics too? It would be like civil war.

This awful prospect could be prevented; there's still time, but I don't see any leaders in the western world with the cojones to do what is necessary, or those that do, are hamstrung by lack of support from the political opposition and their cronies in the media.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-31-2020, 02:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: There are political elements that are thoroughly enjoying the criminals that are rioting and looting for their personal gain. They just claim it's for George Floyd. Political criminal powers such as George Soros loves this unrest and instability. The political media love this as well.

No names, but it's spelled A.N.T.I...
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply
The post that contained an ad hominem attack (and following replies that referred to it) have been removed.

As part of Apnea Board rules, we do not allow posts that are "abusive, disruptive, inappropriate, harassing".  Inappropriate posts includes those that contain ad hominem attacks.

An ad hominem attack is defined as an "attack upon a person's character, rather than a refutation or dispute of the issues being discussed".

So, we're re-opening this thread for now.  Please keep in mind that you can discuss the issues here, but please refrain from attacking the character of other forum members.  That will get your post deleted.

Let's play nice in the sandbox, folks.

Thanks

NOTE:   This Off-Topic forum has the potential for controversial and often heated topic discussions.  That is to be expected, so I would suggest  to those who can't handle spirited discussions to simply ignore threads that may have some degree of friction.  We would like to allow those types of threads to remain open, but if it's found that the majority of contributors in a specific thread cannot abide by the rules, we reserve the right to close a thread, or delete rule-breaking posts within a thread.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, this is a pleasant surprise. I am quite used to seeing threads in many other forums shut down simply because they express the 'wrong opinions', a political tactic that is being deployed more and more these days, so much so it even has a name - 'no platforming' or something like that.

So kudos to ApneaBoard for permitting both/all sides to express their opinions here, albeit under reasonable requirements of mutual respect.

So I'll dive back in first, because this touches on a topic that interests and alarms me in equal measure - the pernicious evil of victimhood.

In the Floyd riots case, a principal driver is a perception of victimisation of black people, but nowadays, there is a headlong rush to adopt some form of victim status among people from quite diverse walks of life. In many cases, it is a defensive weapon, for others it's a means to demonise some other person or group (he/she/they who victimised or oppressed me) and, once that has been achieved and their opponents made into evil figures, they can be mercilessly attacked with impunity - they dare not strike back or they're proving how wicked they are.

This brings about division in society and a focus on our differences rather than our shared traits, needs and wishes, putting us on a merry-go-round of conflict - those horrible 'oppressors' are mostly nice people who don't care to be labelled racist, homophobic or sexist, particularly by people they have never met nor harmed.

Another, equally-damaging aspect of the 'new victimhood' is its tendency to weaken those it afflicts, which can have serious mental health consequences. Such people see everything through a lens of unfairness and every action by others as aimed at them personally. They think the world is an unfair place and they shouldn't have to suffer so much at the hands of those horrible, mean 'others'. This is a very debilitating state to be in, but it has benefits for the afflicted, acting as an invisible cloak of armour, "You can't make me do that because it's unfair and I'll cry and you're mean." etc. You can even avoid getting a job this way!

I have personal experience of this new victimhood in my own family and, in my experience at least, it tends to be more prevalent among young females (I know I'm treading on thin ice here). I find it quite alarming to see so many young women in a near-constant state of mental conflict, one moment asserting that they are the stronger sex, while the next moment they are taking a day off work because somebody on the internet, who they never met, said something hurtful.

Then there are the 'safe spaces' at universities, where the aforementioned people can be protected from wicked thoughts (in other words, other peoples' opinions) and growing censorship in social media, to the same end.

No, I don't have the answers. I'm too old perhaps. I could simply adopt the "Get over it and toughen up" attitude that my parents' generation had, but these days, that's probably a 'hate crime'.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] Highway to Hell DeepBreathing 5 324 03-25-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: trapdoormoyles
  [Health] Which country has the best health care system? DeepBreathing 21 3,220 04-04-2019, 01:48 AM
Last Post: easycomeeasygo
  gear head related -- supercharger, etc. install coming worn_out_in_lebanon 13 2,830 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Heaven or Hell? zonk 5 2,741 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: iSnooze

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.