Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What in the Hell is this society / country of ours coming to?
RE: What in the Hell is this society / country of ours coming to?
Many see it as an opportunity to just go wild and do what they want. Flaunt law & order, and do as you please. 

Maybe get a new large flat screen television in the process? Maybe a new pair of Nike sneakers too.  Thinking-about

What's the saying? Just do it..............
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(06-04-2020, 09:44 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Many see it as an opportunity to just go wild and do what they want. Flaunt law & order, and do as you please. 

Maybe get a new large flat screen television in the process? Maybe a new pair of Nike sneakers too.  Thinking-about

What's the saying? Just do it..............

Sure but, while that's devastating for the owners of the shops and properties being looted or destroyed, I see an even bigger problem looming. Attempts by the Democrats to win power by political coup rather than at the ballot box have been ongoing since the election and, no matter what individuals might think of Trump as a person, he was fairly elected through America's long-standing democratic system and all voters should accept election outcomes, whether their guy wins or loses. If they don't, western democracy is in peril.

I seriously worry what would happen if the Democrats and their allies in the global elite and media finally manage to depose Trump before the next election by making these riots all about him, despite this kind of thing happening before - and long before Trump arrived on the scene.

We're seeing similar anti-democracy actions in the UK where the parties on the Left, once again aided and encouraged by globalists, are trying every trick in the book to overturn the Brexit vote. Here in Australia, our Leftist parties are desperately trying to whip up racial tensions to mirror those in America, again in order to pin blame on our currently-conservative government.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've known many, including myself, who have tried to make some sense out of politics and those who immerse themselves into it by running for office. 

I've yet to actually speak to anyone who has accomplished the above to any great degree or measure.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I also live in a smallish community - at least it is very spread out. Have a city address but live in the unincorporated part of the county. We had our night of violence, damage was done in the downtown area. There was a lot more damage done up in Phoenix and Scottsdale. Tthe governor issued a state-wide 8 pm - 5 am curfew which essentially said, if you are doing something legitimate (work, shopping, dining or supporting these businesses) you can be out and about. The intent was to stop loitering and other like behaviors. There was a vigil the other night and our police chief told the crowd, as long as everyone behaves themselves and peacefully leaves at the end, we are considering this a exempt event and the curfew does not apply. It was peaceful and people behaved themselves. Our city police have not used full riot gear, nor have they called in the national guard. Local chief was on NBC news the other night and made some very positive comments.

The other problem that comes is when "leaders" (not necessarily civic leaders) use funeral services for demagoguery and say little about the person they are eulogizing and spend the time advancing their agenda or another groups agenda. I heard part of George Floyd's service on the news and the emphasis was on the movement and not on the person. You had a noted member of the clergy ( and I use that term loosely) and the victims attorney essentially making political and dividing comments. Heck, they probably didn't know the individual existed before this happened.

Let's do this, pass legislation for equal representation on every civic issue just like the equal time rules for political campaigns.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The inability or unwillingness to use police and /or National Guard means some cities with progressive leaders are unable to fulfill their basic responsibility to provide for the safety of their citizens. Anarchy I has won.

The first and most affected by this will the poorest. I am well armed with hunting weapons and a small arms but I bet I’m not alone in considering the need for faster, higher capacity automatic weapons as no longer optional. Six shells in a shotgun and .45 ACP is not feeling as comforting as it used to.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW here's the Merriam-Webster definition of Racism:

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism
3: racial prejudice or discrimination

Today, the use of the words racist and racism now signify a concept or thought that if what you do, believe, or otherwise hold dear, is considered wrong in any way by another person, it's a racial issue or racial hatred. When that happens, these words are used incorrectly. If someone else disagrees with you, this is not racism or hatred. They disagree with you and that is it.

Anyway, a few things on the riots, looting, destroying public or private property or harming others in the name of George Floyd has Nothing to do with George Floyd. These are criminal acts by thugs that just want to see if they can get away with their riotous acts. So far, they mostly have gotten away with it. If I were in an elected office of power to order the stop to this crime, I'd consider it the same as a foreign enemy force infiltrating US soil. I would use military force to end the riots as such.

Next, we have areas in America that are going about defunding police forces or considering doing so. Some are debating removal of police altogether. Big mistake IMO. I advocate the second amendment, concealed carry, and daily exercise my right to do so. My current CCW is about a 10 year old Taurus PT24/7 OSS DS in .45 ACP. The inherited from Dad, Ruger Blackhawk, is a .357 Magnum with 6 1/2 inch barrel, and is a bit too heavy for comfortable, concealable carry.

Wishing everyone on Apnea Board a safe and happy weekend. Coffee
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are indeed many people within the riots who are there simply to pillage and vent their anger. There are also among them people who are genuinely there to make a point about perceived racism.

But I feel growing numbers of these 'protesters' are there to create and incite widespread civil disobedience as a means to overthrow the Trump administration. These people are being encouraged by Trump's opponents, who are steadily destroying the respect normally given to the role of POTUS. They are complicit in the looting, assaults and murders through their efforts to keep this awful thing going until they get THEIR guy in the White House, making a mockery of their own nation around the world. China's Xi must be laughing his socks off.

And they might get their way, if they receive their usual support from their friends in the media and elsewhere. By that time however, they will have helped create a monster that will eat THEM too, because society will no longer respect ANYBODY who leads the nation and all future election outcomes will stand only until the loudmouthed, pitchfork-waving element decide to use their power again.

The once great nation of America will be little different from a banana republic.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I don't welcome the thought you present, but I can't argue against what you're saying there SteveSp.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Politicians are nothing more than criminals who haven't been charged and prosecuted as of yet.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2020, 10:05 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Politicians are nothing more than criminals who haven't been charged and prosecuted as of yet.  Eat-popcorn

Now that's a statement I can agree with, except for the "as of yet" .... most get away with their criminal acts. Sad
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] Highway to Hell DeepBreathing 5 405 03-25-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: trapdoormoyles
  [Health] Which country has the best health care system? DeepBreathing 21 3,372 04-04-2019, 01:48 AM
Last Post: easycomeeasygo
  gear head related -- supercharger, etc. install coming worn_out_in_lebanon 13 2,936 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Heaven or Hell? zonk 5 2,796 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: iSnooze

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.