Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleeping pills for insomnia?
RE: sleeping pills for insomnia?
Hi EssienM,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 05:05 AM)EssienM Wrote: Which is the best way to get rid of insomnia? Does sleeping pills help?

Most sleeping pills prescribed for imsomia are of the benzo family, and doctors don't warm that one can become dependent very quicky within 2 weeks. They work great the first few days, then one needs to raise the dosis, and the more the dosis is raised, the less effective is the benzo, and ilf used more than a month one needs to lower the dosis very slowly.

I was stroke with insomnia following an inguinal ernia surgery. My physician finally diagnosed fibromyalgia. I was prescribed Elavil, which is a tryciclic anti depressor,  and Flexeril which is a muscular relaxan. They worked well for me for 25 years. These meds are for chronic desea.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I need something I take trazodone. It requires a prescription and is not for everyone. Some people too easily become dependent on drugs and take them because they feel it's better than not taking them. Eventually sleeping pills stop working for you and then it becomes very difficult to get off them because without them you can no longer function.

I will not allow the doctor to raise the dosage, even though she has offered. I get a 90-day supply and they expire after a year, usually before I can finish the bottle.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 217 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 825 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 299 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.