Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is ASV like?
What is ASV like?
What does the air feel like coming out? I heard that compliance is better than with the cpap. Is it more comfortable? Less? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is ASV like?
I started with straight cpap. Then bipap. Then ASV. Of the 3 I like the ASV best. I found it easier to breathe. 
My AHI scores went from the 20s with bipap to under 5 with my current ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't notice a difference compared to CPAP or BPAP while awake and trying to fall asleep. However, the sleeping part is far better for me due to the fact ASV banished my centrals. Occasionally the ASV machine blows a bit hard while I'm transitioning from wake to sleep, but it's really a non-issue now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW:

Remember to be mindful of this, ASV units are not for everyone. ASV's units are for targeting Central Apnea events. Yes, they control Obstructive Apneas and Hypopneas, but it's overkill if you've not been diagnosed with having Central Apnea events.

I myself would not want to buy more via out of pocket than what I really need. Now, if you do have Central events, certainly, get the ASV. I have it and when I started using it, I felt the "OK I can now justify masking up each night" because I started feeling better for usage. CPAP and BPAP literally made me worse than no xPAP treatment.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.