Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is a good nasal mask that does not LEAK???
What is a good nasal mask that does not LEAK???
I have tried a few different nasal and pillow mask that leak.  Does anyone have a favorite nasal or pillow mask that DOES NOT LEAK or leaks very little?

Please respond with your favorite nasal or pillow mask in the case there may be a mask out there I have not yet tried.

I see on my Oscar report below "large leak" which MUST be coming from my mask. I am taping my mouth closed and I am not waking up due to leaks. 

Last night I used SmartStart on my machine; the setting leaks for couple seconds when removing my mask. Also, I used the P10 which seals better than most I have tried. 

Thank you.

John

Sleep Apnea is a fight I need to win! 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is a good nasal mask that does not LEAK???
I've had an interesting experience with the DreamWear nasal (cradle) mask. The first few nights it was great but now leaking like crazy even though I haven't done anything different (that I know of). Would love to have an answer because the mask is very comfortable for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
While it's listed as a nasal pillow mask, the F&P Brevida matches your criteria. I've found that F&P makes some of the best masks that I've tried. The Brevida uses air pressure to grip the nose area to the point, that when you turn off the CPAP, you need to peel the mask off.

If their CPAP group followed their mask division's design doctrine, they would have one fantastic machine. (side note)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape. My wife uses the Brevida, so I've seen it and like the design idea. Will try one. She has an extra.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape

The F&P Brevida is not a mask I have tried. I had high hopes for the Evora and the Dreamwear cushion which leaked.

I am assuming now that a nasal pillow has a better seal. 

Are there others that don't leak?

Thanks,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Respironics Wisp most of the time. It took a couple of tries to get the right cushion size, but it works pretty well for me.
I also use the F&P Brevida and I like it except that after a few days it irritates the inside of my nose.
I'm planning on trying the Evora sometime soon - it looks more comfortable than a Brevida.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Dreamwear nasal and yes I have leaks also. If just so comfortable I consider that’s the trade off. I have tried 4 other mask but always end up back with the Dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, for the responses. 

I know it is trial and error with finding the right mask. 

Any more suggestions that have success with NO LEAKS or attempting to find the perfect nasal mask?

Thanks,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
The N30 works great for me when I can keep my jaw from going slack and creating leaks. Ordered a chin strap. The problem is my chin, not the mask. The N30 is very comfortable and minimal headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
There is no one mask that is right for everyone. The mask that is great and does not leak for me may leak like mad for you because your face is shaped differently than mine.  Dont-know We can suggest masks that are different than what you have, but you have to actually try a mask on and see how it works to see how it leaks on you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 29 4 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 70 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.