Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is a good nasal mask that does not LEAK???
RE: What is a good nasal mask that does not LEAK???
I have great leak results with the bleep sleep mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you, JasWilliams

I just watched a video on the Bleep mask, very cool.

John
Sleep Apnea is a fight I need to win! 
Post Reply Post Reply
Im currently struggling with this as well. Had a n30i which I really liked but it suddenly started leaking like crazy each night and kept waking me up.

Recently got a F&P Evora which at first seemed very comfortable but I guess it just doesnt fit me. Tried two sizes, S is way to small and M leaks.

I also have the Bleep mask which was my personal favorite before and I would suggest everyone to try it. But unfortunately I started feeling anxious/restless when I wear it, the fact that its glued on my nose started making me feel extremely uncomfortable and I have a massive urge to rip it off my face. Sucks, its really the best mask out there in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all, ALL masks leak, they are designed too. This statement refers to the intentional leak which is extremely important to prevent refreshing your expelled CO2.

I use P10 Pillow mask. Pillow masks have a small area that seals and thus a smaller ares to form unintentional mask leaks. This I recommend to start small then go big until you find the mask that works for you, thus try pillows, nasal then FFM.

I liked the Mirage Activa Nasal mask. It was my go-to for years. It is large by today's standard but is very good for active sleepers as when under pressure up can move the mask about a half inch in any direction, in out, right left, up down, diagonally, without leaking. This is because of a "bellows" between the mask body and the seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon,

Thank you for explaining that all cpap mask are designed to leak. If I am using my F30 FF mask, I get no leaks. 
I have been trying different nasal and pillow mask and found they ALL leak. Now I know they are designed to leak, good info.

I found this info on the web regarding leak rates that may be considered "acceptable". 
Star Rating Description leak l/s leak l/m

* * * * * Excellent 0.00 - 0.18 0.0 - 10.8
* * * * _ Very good 0.19 - 0.26 10.9 - 15.9
* * * _ _ Good     0.27 - 0.34 15.7 - 20.4

I am going to assume anything over 20 l/m is too much. 
I need to study more what the leak statistics are showing me. 

I am going to go back to trying to make the P10 work for starters.

John
Sleep Apnea is a fight I need to win! 
Post Reply Post Reply
I used and liked the P30i for a good while. Then I tried the Bleep, and I love it! It has a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it is great.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
The first goal with leaks is to show no large leaks in the events chart (LL), then your machine can compensate for the leaks.

Then eliminating bothersome leaks

Ideally no unintentional leaks. so settle for only small and occasional leaks.

In the end we want full night's of restful sleep with well managed events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 231 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 196 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 97 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 139 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.