Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed P10 and P30i masks
Resmed P10 and P30i masks
I’ve been using the P10 from September 2015 after OSA diagnosis and just recently decided to try the P30i.  It is similar to the DreamWear nasal mask I have but never cared too much for.  I like the P30i and I like the P10.  Here are my thoughts:  I seem to get slightly lower AHI numbers with the P30i, perhaps because of a better seal?  The headgear fits firmer than the P10; however, probably because of that firmer fit, it also tends to be a warmer fit.  Not too great for hot summers.  Another small issue with the P30i is that sometimes it hurts the inside of my left nostril.  Could just be for how I fit it.  Since the P10 hose has never bothered me much, both masks for me are fairly comparable.
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed P10 and P30i masks
(08-09-2019, 06:56 PM)kingskid Wrote: I’ve been using the P10 from September 2015 after OSA diagnosis and just recently decided to try the P30i.  It is similar to the DreamWear nasal mask I have but never cared too much for.  I like the P30i and I like the P10.  Here are my thoughts:  I seem to get slightly lower AHI numbers with the P30i, perhaps because of a better seal?  The headgear fits firmer than the P10; however, probably because of that firmer fit, it also tends to be a warmer fit.  Not too great for hot summers.  Another small issue with the P30i is that sometimes it hurts the inside of my left nostril.  Could just be for how I fit it.  Since the P10 hose has never bothered me much, both masks for me are fairly comparable.

I'm in a similar position to you in terms of moving to a new P30i, but I'm coming from a Swift FX which is very similar to the P10. Based on my initial findings, it seems I'll have to go down a pillow size (from medium to small) because the medium in the P30i fits ever so slightly different to the medium in my older mask. 

Are you able to experiment with the various pillow sizes?

All the best!  Sleep-well
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 08:14 PM)captainsteubing Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 06:56 PM)kingskid Wrote: I’ve been using the P10 from September 2015 after OSA diagnosis and just recently decided to try the P30i.  It is similar to the DreamWear nasal mask I have but never cared too much for.  I like the P30i and I like the P10.  Here are my thoughts:  I seem to get slightly lower AHI numbers with the P30i, perhaps because of a better seal?  The headgear fits firmer than the P10; however, probably because of that firmer fit, it also tends to be a warmer fit.  Not too great for hot summers.  Another small issue with the P30i is that sometimes it hurts the inside of my left nostril.  Could just be for how I fit it.  Since the P10 hose has never bothered me much, both masks for me are fairly comparable.

I'm in a similar position to you in terms of moving to a new P30i, but I'm coming from a Swift FX which is very similar to the P10. Based on my initial findings, it seems I'll have to go down a pillow size (from medium to small) because the medium in the P30i fits ever so slightly different to the medium in my older mask. 

Are you able to experiment with the various pillow sizes?

All the best!  Sleep-well
Hi Captain S.  I’ve actually had the reverse situation in that I find the medium size on both the P10 and the P30i works better for me than the small size.  Sleeprider had suggested using the medium size because I have quite a bit of flow limitation.  That didn’t seem to impact the FL much, if at all,  but it is more comfortable so I’ll stick with the medium size.  Am having a second sleep test next week,  so am hoping my CAs, FL and desats can get resolved.  Happy experimenting with your mask size!
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2019, 07:40 PM)kingskid Wrote: Hi Captain S.  I’ve actually had the reverse situation in that I find the medium size on both the P10 and the P30i works better for me than the small size.  Sleeprider had suggested using the medium size because I have quite a bit of flow limitation.  That didn’t seem to impact the FL much, if at all,  but it is more comfortable so I’ll stick with the medium size.  Am having a second sleep test next week,  so am hoping my CAs, FL and desats can get resolved.  Happy experimenting with your mask size!

Gotcha on the reverse situation. Hmm, totally makes sense to use a larger delivery opening to prevent some flow limitations. Glad to know it's more comfortable for you, makes such a difference when you have a comfy mask. I've found the P30i suprisingly more comfortable than my old Swift FX. 

All the best on the sleep test and indeed I hope for good resolution.
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 343 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 339 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.