Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is this weird waveform?
Exclaimation 
What is this weird waveform?
My flow rate waveform is usually pretty standard, I am sure you all seen it.

However, just looked at last few nights and found a few snippets that look quite zagged: https://i.imgur.com/oKdRGSw.png

I have never seen anything like this on my machine before. What could be the cause? There has been no changes in medications, pressure, or mask.

Any help is much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: What is this weird waveform?
I took a look at your posted wave-form. I think you will find it easier to just attach images like this to your post, rather than try to link from Imgur.  Instructions on attaching images are in my signature.

This image looks like flow limitation. We see the inspiration rises quickly, but becomes very restricted as the flow rate peaks, and we then have a downward sloping and irregular finish to inhale. You seem to have a normal exhale followed by a brief pre-inhale which is a bit unusual.  What can you tell us about your machine settings? Need to know pressures and EPR settings.

[Image: oKdRGSw.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Tweaks, A New Flow Rate Waveform, And A Few Questions RayBee 10 298 04-06-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP machine-very weird problem Arik 5 398 01-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Weird Event at Night GWild 16 1,207 09-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Last Post: GWild
  questions about flow rate waveform sheepless 15 1,216 08-26-2018, 09:05 AM
Last Post: allanri
Question Weird ? About Insurance/DME Supplies Hydrangea 8 637 08-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Weird looking UA's during large leaks MyronH 2 313 02-24-2018, 08:19 PM
Last Post: MyronH
  Resmed Air Sense 10 acting weird and bloating Truvol 6 760 02-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.