Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is your favorite comfort item?
What is your favorite comfort item?
In the past few months I have gotten used to the idea of Cpap and my AHi has dropped. Most of the time it is under 2. I'm sure I would feel even better if I slept longer and without waking up so often. So what is your favorite comfort item to help make Cpap comfortable?
Liners?
Aromatherapy?
Specific hose lift? ( I have mine over the head board- it's not bad)
So what do you like?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is your favorite comfort item?
Hi SpeedyD,
My favorite comfort item is a hose cover I had made for me.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2016, 08:48 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi SpeedyD,
My favorite comfort item is a hose cover I had made for me.

I have a heated hose. Would I need a hose cover? I have moisture in my mask but I think from my mouth hanging open... Actually sleeping....
Post Reply Post Reply
Heated hose that allows me to operate at higher humidity levels.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definetly a hose cover. I have a heated hose also, a cover cuts down on condensation in the hose.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A hose cover sounds like a good idea. I'm new to CPAP, and at the moment, aromatherapy is helping me. I use lavender oil in my bedroom to help me relax.
Post Reply Post Reply
My comfort item IS my CPAP. I put on the chin strap, then the mask, tuck the hose between the headboard and the mattress so it loops up a bit, turn on the machine, adjust for seal and I'm out within a couple of minutes. If my wife has light on in the room I'll cover my head with the covers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Being a side sleeper, a small pillow with a fleece cover that I tuck beneath my chin and against my upper chest. It helps anchor the hose and allows enough slack so I can occasionally move my head to get comfortable. It's my version a cpap "blankey"!!
A 2nd small pillow between my knees to keep my RLS in check is the finishing touch.

BTW, I'm not a big poster but this is forum is awesome!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Humidity and auto climate control has made cpap tolerable.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for humidity and heat. I would have a very difficult time without that! Next up would be a good pillow. I love the shredded foam one with a bamboo rayon cover that I bought on Amazon several months back!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 315 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Do Comfort Settings Distort Performance? Nehpets 5 492 08-31-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Nehpets
  AirMini pressure too high for comfort Sleepinator 3 1,404 04-22-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepinator
  Your favorite chin strap? theredheadsaid 4 1,058 08-19-2022, 08:55 AM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  Favorite tricks to reduce apnea WITHOUT CPAP/BIPAP etc anobono 5 998 01-14-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cberistain
  Comfort settings for DreamWear masks. CarlFSmith 2 1,129 04-17-2021, 11:19 AM
Last Post: April
  Favorite nasal headgear/cushions/pillows for a 100% side sleeper? Bobaloo 14 2,435 12-11-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.