Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What is your favorite mask type?
This poll is closed.
Full Face Mask
30.30%
10 30.30%
Nasal Mask
33.33%
11 33.33%
Nasal Pillows Mask
27.27%
9 27.27%
Hybrid Mask
0%
0 0%
Oral Mask
0%
0 0%
I've not found one yet
9.09%
3 9.09%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What is your favorite mask type?
RE: What is your favorite mask type?
What ever fits and works!
Post Reply Post Reply
Full face for me. I started with nasal pillows but my mouth would open in my sleep and the air would rush out like a wind tunnel. Never tried nasal mask as I figured it would be the same issue. I also tried the pillows combined with a chin strap but found that to be rather cumbersome. So, went full face and have two (Quattro FX and Quattro Air) that have both performed exceptionally well for me.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to have none of the above for us weirdos with cloth masks or Tap Pap or ??
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2013, 04:30 PM)robysue Wrote: Gotta be able to scratch the top of my nose .....
So nasal pillows is the only mask that works for me.

But that's why the attachment straps are elastic - so you can lift the mask away from your face to reach underneath and scratch!

I started on a nasal mask, tried briefly to use nasal pillows but found myself getting used to the nasal mask before getting used to the nasal pillows (ie. irritation at the nostrils). Granted, I didn't give the nasal pillows a fair chance, but why change what isn't broken.

Like others, I am considering a FFM for if/when I get too congested, but so far when I've had a cold, I was able to cope.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2013, 10:00 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: I have facial hair, which does not help. Nasal pillows work great for me.

I agree with Mike. If you have any kind of facial hair, the only mask that will work is the nasal pillows/cushions. I have a Van Dyke during most of the year and a full beard during the cold months.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2013, 03:38 PM)PollCat Wrote:
(10-26-2013, 10:00 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: I have facial hair, which does not help. Nasal pillows work great for me.

I agree with Mike. If you have any kind of facial hair, the only mask that will work is the nasal pillows/cushions. I have a Van Dyke during most of the year and a full beard during the cold months.

If you have a full beard, it might be an issue, but I've had a moustache for years and had no issue with pillows, nasal mask or a ffm to date. I think it is a YMMV situation depending on where you grow your hair, how bushy it is, etc., etc. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 512 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 415 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,065 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] Where can I get this type of Boil-and-bite Mandibular Advancement Splint / MAD? selfhelpdevice 1 308 11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What type of leaks are these on OSCAR? meatwagon42 2 449 11-09-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question What type of mask should I select on my device? hejohoo 5 587 08-21-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.