Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is your favorite sleep related book?
What is your favorite sleep related book?
There are a mountain of sleep-related books out there. 

Which ones impacted you the most and you would recommend?

Here are three from me:
  • Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker
  • Sleep, Interrupted: A Physician Reveals the #1 Reason why So Many of Us are Sick and Tired by Steven Y. Park
  • Sound Sleep, Sound Mind: 7 Keys to Sleeping through the Night by Barry Krakow

Regards,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is your favorite sleep related book?
My personal favorite is  "The Promise of Sleep" by that great pioneer in sleep medicine William Dement, MD. His book is very readable and non-technical and follows his medical lifetime in sleep medicine and is founding of the first American Sleep Center at Stanford University. I recommend it to everyone, and have purchased two additional copies that I gave to close friends who have apnea.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
How to Choose the Right Paint for Your Garden Shed

I pick it up every night, but wake up shortly after to find the birds chirping and the sun up already.  I really hope to get through it...one day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gone with the Wind!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Duke: Thank you I'll look it up.

Mesenteria: Wait till you get to the sequel "Watching Paint Dry". It is riveting.

Dave: Are you sure that wasn't a bad curry?
Post Reply Post Reply
hope not Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
*BUMP*
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 249 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] Fractured sleep: Spontaneous arousal or breathing related? Twoshade 8 581 12-24-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Twoshade
  Sleep Apnea and Cushing's disease related? NorthernGuy 4 433 12-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 743 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,402 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Help! Having Constant Wake-Ups from "REM-related Events" rosebladepat 9 830 09-26-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.