Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What just happened?
RE: What just happened?
I want to support the others by saying not to let one night bug you. Honestly, happens to me on a regular basis. I have no idea why the differences. So long as I have my mask on, though, I at least feel rested. Even if it is for only 4 hours, which alas, sometimes is the case. Keep in mind that various allergies can come into play. I found that sometimes when my AHI is high when my windows were open, that a neighbor had a fire in their fire pit. Sometimes something new is releasing pollen. Othertimes, it's just a mystery.
Post Reply Post Reply
Beginning to think it is allergy related. Which my pressure increases. I have not had a single OA in months so that part must be working. CAs and HAs seem to be centered around periods of hyper breathing (sleep/wake junk) and not necessarily related to increased or high pressure. However, the only thing increasing my pressure are flow limits which I cannot find any logic to.

Having said that, I have been allergic to cats for 30 years and owned a cat for all those years. Congestion has been very manageable most of the time but now with SA, I haVe started taking shots. Only two months in so not any relief yet. Maybe that explains the flow limits not following any logic and maybe I just have to wait out the allergy process.

CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI goes up and down. Whenever I travel for my job and stay at a hotel/motel bed my AHI is higher than at home (at least the first night or two). Even changing my pillow at home causes a slight temporary rise in AHI. One of the biggest things that throws my AHI off is laying in bed while not sleeping in the morning and wearing the CPAP - that always bumps the AHI up a couple numbers - "awake junk". Wearing the APAP while not actually sleeping or "tossing and turning" at night raises my AHI.

If you achieved a good AHI with a set of settings - Keep them there. Look for mask leaks, hose kinks, or other items that may be ruining your sleep and raising your AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened? highlandwarlord 10 859 06-29-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: highlandwarlord
  What happened to me here? CA's back to back livsmonster 0 357 04-24-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: livsmonster
  What Happened at 3 a.m.? dhamments 9 927 08-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dhamments
  first night taped. what happened? rogerncormier74 5 766 04-13-2022, 07:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Symptoms] What happened between 04:40 - 05:00 ? edgnoj 10 1,301 01-20-2022, 05:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  What Happened? "Plots Disabled" clownbell 5 778 11-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  what happened to me at 2 am? eekamouse 10 1,182 09-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Last Post: eekamouse

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.