Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: What just happened?
I want to support the others by saying not to let one night bug you. Honestly, happens to me on a regular basis. I have no idea why the differences. So long as I have my mask on, though, I at least feel rested. Even if it is for only 4 hours, which alas, sometimes is the case. Keep in mind that various allergies can come into play. I found that sometimes when my AHI is high when my windows were open, that a neighbor had a fire in their fire pit. Sometimes something new is releasing pollen. Othertimes, it's just a mystery.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 08:52 PM by Mosquitobait.)
07-28-2016 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Rcgop Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: installed
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 - 10.0 / EPR 2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Beginning to think it is allergy related. Which my pressure increases. I have not had a single OA in months so that part must be working. CAs and HAs seem to be centered around periods of hyper breathing (sleep/wake junk) and not necessarily related to increased or high pressure. However, the only thing increasing my pressure are flow limits which I cannot find any logic to.

Having said that, I have been allergic to cats for 30 years and owned a cat for all those years. Congestion has been very manageable most of the time but now with SA, I haVe started taking shots. Only two months in so not any relief yet. Maybe that explains the flow limits not following any logic and maybe I just have to wait out the allergy process.

HuhDont-knowI am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
07-29-2016 09:10 AM
NorthernGuy Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&S Full face
Humidifier: Dreamstation integrated
CPAP Pressure: 8-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: New (couple months) APAP user.

Sex: Male

My AHI goes up and down. Whenever I travel for my job and stay at a hotel/motel bed my AHI is higher than at home (at least the first night or two). Even changing my pillow at home causes a slight temporary rise in AHI. One of the biggest things that throws my AHI off is laying in bed while not sleeping in the morning and wearing the CPAP - that always bumps the AHI up a couple numbers - "awake junk". Wearing the APAP while not actually sleeping or "tossing and turning" at night raises my AHI.

If you achieved a good AHI with a set of settings - Keep them there. Look for mask leaks, hose kinks, or other items that may be ruining your sleep and raising your AHI.
07-30-2016 08:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What happened to Airing? OMyMyOHellYes 7 311 Yesterday 09:22 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Just when I thought you guys were geniuses.....this happened.... Daisylouu 4 451 09-29-2016 01:19 PM
Last Post: Daisylouu
Question What happened? did my cpap failed to respond? ezdrifler 6 718 02-07-2016 12:59 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  It happened! My first night of sleep with an AHI under 5! SpeedyD 8 1,172 12-17-2015 03:03 PM
Last Post: DumfriesDik
  So What Happened? 2PAPs 7 1,065 09-29-2015 05:54 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  What happened last night? ISnoreBadly 20 2,788 09-09-2015 08:29 PM
Last Post: ISnoreBadly
  Curious what happened last night nozs4me 4 786 08-27-2015 06:03 AM
Last Post: nozs4me