Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What just happened?
Sad 
What just happened?
Last night AHI was 7.06.
[attachment=2715]

Night before AHI was .75.
[attachment=2714]

I made no changes from one night to the next, slept well up until 2:00 to 2:30, after that was half asleep the rest of the night. A couple of weeks ago I had gotten my AHI down under 1 for more than 10 days in a row with 3 days at zero. Just a few days ago I started sleeping much better, dreaming normal dreams and thought I had the adjustment won. Until last night. Are there just days that this will happen? I know the last half of the night can be nothing more than awake/sleep junk as I was (or at least thought) awake most of the last 4 hours.

Is my pressure range still to wide? What could cause a bad night? Don't say coffee, alcohol, spicy foods, since i had none of that.

I am at a loss as what to correct if anything.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What just happened?
I'm no expert, but I think that the 4 hours only half asleep will really throw the numbers off. Now, what *caused* you to not sleep, is another matter. If not coffee, etc -- were you worrying about something? Being unable to turn the brain off can hinder sleep for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing new in turning the brain off. That I know of any way.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
How about the heat down there? Extra bothersome last night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a fluke. It happens. There are so many variables that go into it. Sleep position, food, drink, tension, thoughts, dreams, activity level, atmosphere, alien activity in the area, etc etc etc.

This is why we look at trends, not a single night. If this were an every night for ten, fourteen, or more nights, then yes, you'd consider changing settings. But one night doesn't mean anything. Don't mess with the settings. Leave them alone.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Avoid watching the news or other high drama TV during the day. Spend time with friends, tell jokes, smile a lot, do hobbies, kiss a dog, thank a cop, cultivate optimism, over-tip and watch the server smile, find your purpose, live in the moment and don't let anyone bring you down.

And watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Forget about AHI as long as it's 5 or less most of the time. It'll take care of itself. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you well connected to world events ? What happened at 02:30 ? Spook Stuff. Dont-knowDont-knowDont-know

I would not let it bother me much it happens, I just look for trends. Sleep-well

But if you are well connected can you tell me the Lottery Numbers please.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2016, 04:24 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: How about the heat down there? Extra bothersome last night?

Did not think about the heat. Having a record hot July. But the same for the past few days. My trend was AHI less than 2. One week less than 1 with 3 zeros. This seems to be more than a fluke.

Did not think of it but 2 months ago I started allergy shots and each week I get a larger dose. Got the shot on Monday and the 7+AHI on Tuesday. I do not react to the shots (yet) but they are increasing the dose until I hit my maintenance level.
(07-28-2016, 01:34 AM)Jim Bronson Wrote: Forget about AHI as long as it's 5 or less most of the time. It'll take care of itself. Good luck!

I don't get to worried about an occasional 3 or 4 but a 7. Even my untreated sleep study was better.
Post Reply Post Reply
This usually happens to me at the beginning of the night (rather than the middle) -- but Your Milage May Vary: when it has taken me twice as long as usual to get to sleep, and I'm still not there ...... and I keep noticing my breathing, in passing ..... and I keep taking deep breaths to try to relax myself -- then (as last night) it's time for me to take the mask off for a second, and see if I can breathe even without the mask. I had not yet been concerned about breathing; I was breathing. But I'll take the mask off and notice that one or both nostrils are really congested. [Apparently one's turbinates swell upon being horizontal]

So I use a quick spray of Afrin and can soon get to sleep. I use only 1 spray, rather than 2, and in only 1 nostril. If the congestion is there next night too, I'll spray the OTHER nostril. That way, it's two days between half-size doses, so I think I'm avoiding rebound.

So -- even if I don't notice that I'm congested -- and I wasn't congested while awake and vertical -- sometimes I am. Even when I think I just "can't fall asleep" (or stay asleep, in your case?) -- sometimes there's a reason!
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be better to use a nasal rinse than Afrin. Even a nasal saline mist spray. Too easy for your system to get attached to that stuff.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened? highlandwarlord 10 858 06-29-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: highlandwarlord
  What happened to me here? CA's back to back livsmonster 0 357 04-24-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: livsmonster
  What Happened at 3 a.m.? dhamments 9 927 08-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dhamments
  first night taped. what happened? rogerncormier74 5 765 04-13-2022, 07:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Symptoms] What happened between 04:40 - 05:00 ? edgnoj 10 1,298 01-20-2022, 05:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  What Happened? "Plots Disabled" clownbell 5 776 11-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  what happened to me at 2 am? eekamouse 10 1,182 09-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Last Post: eekamouse

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.