Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What kind of PAPist are you?
RE: What kind of PAPist are you?
(06-16-2017, 08:56 PM)ppca Wrote: I'll have to go with Agnostic. After using CPAP for 5 months, I cannot say that I feel any better than before, even though my AHI numbers are consistently great. The only difference I have noticed are improved SpO2 numbers, not by much, but still somewhat better.

So, Agnostic it is, at least for the time being.

That's OK we will convert you with PAPing telepathy. But I hope you have sought help to get your energy levels up to where they should be. Have you posted up a request for advice thread? OF course, most of us know there is more to poor feeling then Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 08:26 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Not Catholic so you shouldn't be calling me a papist.

OMMOHY

Good one!
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to be evangelical.  Been at it fot 1 month starting to feel better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 10:31 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Trying to be evangelical.  Been at it fot 1 month starting to feel better.

Hallelujah! Brother!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not say I am Evangelical, however I am a true believer. How about a Pragmatic PAPer? Okay 

JamesW
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely a believer.........and a disciple

At times have been spreading the good news so a bit of an apostle........
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clever way to phrase it. I am definitely an evangelical concerning CPAP. I have used a machine for almost 30 years now, and I have been spreading the good news most of those 30 years. I really don't believe that I would be still alive were it not for my faithful series of CPAPs.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd have to describe myself as a "troubled Catholic" Papist: I know that PAPing is good for my soul, but I've yet (after 6 years) to really feel that WOW Holy Jesus This is What I've Been Waiting For morning.

I keep PAPing just like I keep going to Mass: I know that its good for me. I know that I'd be far worse off without it. I help others (both here and on that "other forum") out of a sense of duty to my fellow human beings. And I know that I have moments (usually at 3 AM) where I am dealing with a serious crisis of faith in what I'm doing, but I keep plodding on ahead because I also know that things have very, very slowly gotten better in terms of how I feel during the day, even if I haven't ever had that WOW Holy Jesus This is What I've Been Waiting For morning.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out a true believer because my compliance was faith-based. But now it's evidence-based. Wink
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2017, 09:19 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I started out a true believer because my compliance was faith-based. But now it's evidence-based.   Wink
In my case, the evidence (in the form of high quality data from sleep tests and from my xPAP machines) is what kept me going long enough during the dark days when my sleep deteriorated dramatically during the first 6 months of PAPing. That data kept me going long enough for me to find some faith that this crazy therapy just might do me some good in the long run.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of breathing is this? sprinter 3 413 01-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Luna 2 solfware. Heres where to go . (kind of like oscar watertrails 4 1,956 09-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: rubbercow
  Understanding what kind of leak I have arunjb 15 1,672 08-05-2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What kind of communication did you get fr doctor/DME starting CPAP? theredheadsaid 9 957 07-27-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  What kind of dreams do you have? Rcgop 9 1,155 10-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study: what kind of apnea do I have? orand 6 1,199 10-06-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed? vrapche031 28 2,727 08-20-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: vrapche031

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.