Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What kind?
This poll is closed.
Mild
16.22%
6 16.22%
Moderate
32.43%
12 32.43%
Severe
51.35%
19 51.35%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of sleep apnea do you have?
What kind of sleep apnea do you have?
And if you could post your non-treated AHI (from sleep report) that would be good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: What kind of sleep apnea do you have?
Untreated apnea was 23 in March 2015.
Post Reply Post Reply
BPAP sleep study 3/2017 or about that time: 24 Obstructive Apnea, 124 Central Apnea
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice.

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
18.1 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Nov. 2016: ahi 72.7; 192 ca, 204 oa, 15h; 24 periodic limb movements/hr of which 20 were arousals. dx'ed obstructive despite previous dx of central apnea (before I got old and fat) and the near equal mix in this latest test. apap worked okay but not great. moved on outside the system to much better treatment with asv for mixed sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
They said that I had severe sleep apnea. They told me that my a h I was in the thirties.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Severe, AHI 37
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.
Mask Primer
Machine Choices

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Severe - AHI: 93
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told moderately severe. My AHI numbers were 70 during regular sleep and 60 during REM. 

It's been below well 5 now since I started SA Therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Severe, AHI = 62.

However, there is a lot more to how your anea is going to affect you other than just AHI. AHI is at best a fairly crude measure - you could, for instance have a "mild" apnea with your events clustered, or particularly long apneas. Both will do you more harm than a "moderate" apnea with short events spread evenly through the night.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Do you have central sleep apnea? DeepBreathing 16 679 11-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  My Story on Sleep Apnea browns4s 2 185 10-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Recently diagnosed with mild sleep apnea kevinpz 5 253 10-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Last Post: kevinpz
  Sleep Apnea and Brain Damage Geoffrey 17 595 10-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mild Sleep Apnea (but still tired) brainf0g 64 2,994 10-15-2019, 11:14 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [CPAP] AĞIR UYKU APNESİ [Heavy Sleep Apnea] yunturk 17 649 09-26-2019, 12:06 PM
Last Post: yunturk
  Hypertensive response to exercise(HRE) and sleep apnea car54 4 227 09-21-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.