Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What new C/A PAP device to gift
RE: What new C/A PAP device to gift
The Res Med P10 for her is a very good Nasal pillow mask. I, too, find nasal pillow masks to be the most comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What new C/A PAP device to gift
Corvette, I think the machine you buy will become her primary machine, and the old CPAP Pro will go to Florida. I don't see any reason not to get an Auto CPAP, and since she has been using fixed pressure, there is no advantage of one brand over another. Get an auto CPAP. The Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto 500 has a CPAP mode, but can be set to a range that might help with the 2.5 or so AHI she has. It can also be set up identically to her machine. We're talking $364 on Amazon. The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is about $150 higher at $500, but you get the faster response and EPR. These machines all include humidifier and heated hose, and would be a considerable upgrade from her Pro CFlex + machine (no heated hoses on that unless it is at least a 60 series and has electrical connectors in the outlet). Having a second machine means never worrying about a breakdown.

Great idea. Merry Christmas. The best gift of all is having a CPAP buddy that takes an interest in making it better. I agree with the recommendations of the Resmed Airfit P10 if she tolerates nasal therapy. Nothing is as quiet or minimal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 364 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 404 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 326 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] INGESTIBLE MIT DEVICE TO DETECT OSA? srlevine1 1 354 11-20-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Been struggling with my device, would appreciate some advice pamphlet 7 896 09-16-2023, 02:10 AM
Last Post: pamphlet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.