Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What oximeter works with Sleepyhead?
What oximeter works with Sleepyhead?
I have an oximeter that communicates with my iPhone, but what should I buy if I want the results with my Sleepyhead software?
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What oximeter works with Sleepyhead?
Basically it's the CMS50 series, models D+, E, F, and I. To see the complete list, go to the oximeter import screen and look at the drop-down list of supported oximeters.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The two which are easiest to use (or have the most users) are both from Contec, the CMS-50D+ and the CMS-50F. The first clips on a finger easily, and can slip off while sleeping. It also has no clock, but starts a timer from zero each session. The F model (which I have) has a finger cuff, which can't slip off, and connect to a wrist watch style computer - which is bulkier than any Rolex I've ever seen. It has a built-in clock. Both only store a single session, and are available from Supplier #19 in our list above, as well as the usual on-line outlets.
Having a clock is not a great advantage, because the clock in your ResMed drifts differently, so you have to start recording with either one at the same time as you start the CPAP, and use SleepyHead to synchronize the two times.
Some Contec models have Bluetooth, but SleepyHead can't connect with Bluetooth at the present, as far as I know.
The E and I models mentioned by Crimson Nape above don's seem to be available from US suppliers, but are available from overseas.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I had bought the one that records more than one night. It cost a little more but would be much less work when you start not wanting to download it every day.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with you, kwhenrykerr.  I bought the "F" model and then purchased the "I" model.  Except to correlate readings, I haven't used the "F" model since.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
NEW PRODUCT
CMS 50D PLUS FINGERTIP PULSE OXIMETER WITH REMOTE SENSOR
The best value and most comfortable recording pulse oximeter available on the market today . Get all the benefits of the low cost CMS-50D Plus device with the convenience of a comfortable, dependable finger sensor. No more trying to ensure the oximeter does not fall off your finger during overnight recording sessions. With the addition of the remote finger sensor, the oximeter can be placed up to five feet away from the sensor. This allows the device to be placed on a night stand or other nearby location. The result is an easy-to-use and wear monitor that won’t fall off causing the loss of valuable data during monitoring.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
sonicboom, where did you read this info on the CMS 50D Plus? Nothing was mentioned about the oximeter being able to be placed on a nightstand? I looked for it at Supplier #19's website.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its not on our supplier list but if you google the model number and include the remote sensor in the search you will find it. If you can't locate it just PM me.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2017, 07:50 PM)kderevan Wrote: I have an oximeter that communicates with my iPhone, but what should I buy if I want the results with my Sleepyhead software?

kderevan, What make/model is the one that works with iPhone?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 64 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 132 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 658 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 433 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 758 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,792 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.