Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What (quieter) mask can I move to from a Dreamwear ?
What (quieter) mask can I move to from a Dreamwear ?
Hello, 

I have been using for about two years now. Commercial Link Removed. Instead search for P.R. Dreamwear Gel Pillow Mask at the cpap clinic.  
Its a comfortable enough mask, but its a fair bit loud, for the partner. 

What are the masks the good people here recommend ? I intend to use the Philips Respironics dream station and perhaps the heated tube.

The new mask needs to be quieter. I am a side sleeper who switches sides frequently and occasionally wake up to have a sip of water or use the toilet. 
My AHI has been under 1 most of the times and the mask fit at 97% with the current setup. 

Thank you.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What (quieter) mask can I move to from a Dreamwear ?
The mask I’ve been using for quite some time is the ResMed F20 in both AirFit (silicone) and AirTouch (memory foam). This a full face style. This past week I received my new ResMed N30i which is a nasal mask.

The F20 is very quiet at least to my ears. This series has a newer redesign of the elbow called QuietAir. I’m still getting used to the N30i, but seems to me to be relatively quiet. To me it sounds different, neither good or bad just different.

You can successfully mix and match mask and machine makers in most cases. Exception being the portable or travel CPAPs, some of those may require certain masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 05:09 AM)BHappy Wrote: Hello, 

I have been using for about two years now. Commercial Link Removed. Instead search for P.R. Dreamwear Gel Pillow Mask at the cpap clinic.  
Its a comfortable enough mask, but its a fair bit loud, for the partner. 

What are the masks the good people here recommend ? I intend to use the Philips Respironics dream station and perhaps the heated tube.

The new mask needs to be quieter. I am a side sleeper who switches sides frequently and occasionally wake up to have a sip of water or use the toilet. 
My AHI has been under 1 most of the times and the mask fit at 97% with the current setup. 

Thank you.

From my experience there is no better mask then the one you have, especially considering I own it and a bunch of others and it's one of the quieter. Seems to me your partner needs to buckle up and accept it as part of your treatment. Why don't she/he just use some ear plugs or something. If she/he can't do something so little for you, it might be old age at play, people getting grumpy and all, heck she/he might even have apnea themselves.

Point being, your mask is already at the quiet spectrum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi "BHappY" -- my handle indicates my wish ... which was for the benefit of my partner, not so much for me.

My partner complained about most of the masks I've tried.  I finally found the ResMed P10 to be significantly more quiet than anything else.   Though it still bothers me a bit, and I'm thinking of trying out the Philips DreamWisp to see if I can get quieter still.  also considering getting a white noise machine.

Another point -- take with a grain of salt my advice and advice of other respondents to your post ... in that fitting these contraptions is so damn personal to the shape of your face, your sleeping patterns, your pillow, etc.  Yes, you can find out what worked for others, but at end of day, you'll need to try and see which works for you.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the dreamwear for a long time now and love it. Mine is silent. I do hear a slight rushing sound if sleeping on my side because the air moves through the tube on the side of my head, but I think I'm the only one who can hear it. And if I face my wife she doesn't like the air that sifts through the holes in it nose part and blows on her.

But I did have one nosepiece that did make a rushing/whistling sound a bit. I'd rub it hard and it would stop but sometimes it would start again. I replaced it sooner than usual and haven't had one do that since then.

So if you've only experienced one nosepiece maybe it's that? If you've had the opportunity to use more than one and it's still noisy, I can't imagine another mask that would be quieter.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed P/N30i are supposed to be quieter than the Dreamwear as they diffuse the air better and hence your partner should not notice the noise as much.

Same over the head connection, so you will be familiar with that.

I tried the Dreamwear first actually as I am a fan of the top of the head connections. Their nasals (cushion and pillow) hurt my nose unfortunately.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 01:46 PM)theoak Wrote: The ResMed P/N30i are supposed to be quieter than the Dreamwear as they diffuse the air better and hence your partner should not notice the noise as much.
Where the P30i is even quieter than the N30i due to the different diffusor.  Only bats may hear that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
My top 3 are the F30, F20, and N30i (last two tied for second place).

I’m not sure why ResMed didn’t use the same front diffuser in both the N30i and P30i. The P30i is quieter, and the stream of air blowing out the front seems softer than the N30i. The latter fits me better though.

I think both the F20 and F30 are pretty quiet. They both use the new QuietAir elbow.

The F30 and N30i both keep my sinuses open better than the F20. If that’s not an issue for you, the F20 is a little less finicky.

Once the F30 is adjusted right though, it works great for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonderful post.
"Quiet" should be a prerequisite in mask design. So should mask port discharge.

After all, mask selection can affect the treatment of the wearer and comfort of the partner
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The F&P Bravida and the Resmed P10 are quieter. They might not be as comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 101 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 354 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 530 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 619 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Equipment] Is Prisma 20A quieter than Airsense 10 autoset biorn 23 7,235 07-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: aktmdn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.