Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's It Like When The Power Goes Out? Battery Backup (UPS)?
RE: What's It Like When The Power Goes Out? Battery Backup (UPS)?
So I'm sitting here reading this thread and there is a large explosion sound in the distance. Then a couple more. Then a huge one that sounded closer, and the power went out. Methinks transformers were blowing. We've had severe rain and wind for the past two days. Oh well, it's only 7 pm. Hopefully they'll have it fixed by my bedtime.

But it seems that reading this thread is bad luck, electricity-wise. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2013, 09:11 PM)JJJ Wrote: But it seems that reading this thread is bad luck, electricity-wise. Sad

Shocking. Shock

...sorry, couldn't resist. Cool
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
wasnt sure where to post this but wanted to give a little feedback. Power went out yesterday and last night and i used a "portable power station" XP2260W by schumacher to power my s8 escape (14psi) and phone charger for an 8 hour sleep. It worked perfectly. Bought it at walmart for $100

<link removed by Moderator>

saw where it was rated at 22 AMP hours and gave it a shot. surprised how easy it was to do.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2014, 07:53 AM)cant_sleep_in_nj Wrote: wasnt sure where to post this but wanted to give a little feedback. Power went out yesterday and last night and i used a "portable power station" XP2260W by schumacher to power my s8 escape (14psi) and phone charger for an 8 hour sleep. It worked perfectly. Bought it at walmart for $100

<link removed by Moderator>

saw where it was rated at 22 AMP hours and gave it a shot. surprised how easy it was to do.

Be careful.

That power station is going to generate a MSW (Modified Sine Wave) voltage on the AC plug. That can damage the humidifier on the ResMed S8 models, but it should be OK if the humidifier isn't attached. S9 models don't have that problem.

The ResMed power guide is included in the links in my signature line.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you but i dont use a humidifier. I also checked for any extra heat on the plug and cpap after i woke up. Was the same as being plugged in. (checked with infrared thermometer)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 90 52 minutes ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,328 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,821 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.