Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's a good large mask that can handle high pressure well?
What's a good large mask that can handle high pressure well?
I am using the Airfit F20 size L, It's decent fit and all that, but I have a narrow long face with an underbite, so my jaw will often slip out of the bottom of the mask at night. I often end up opening my mouth and getting the pressure seal with the bottom of my lip instead of my chin. So I usually have to end up putting uncomfortably tight. I tried a peykel simplus during my recent titration, and it seemed to have a much better fit, larger around the cheeks and seemed to cover my chin without the straps being too tight, but the simple grill on it doesn't handle moisture and high pressure well. Easily to make the whistling noise.

Can anyone recommend either a mask that would work well for me, or some mask with peripherals? I have a soft cervical collar, but it still doesn't prevent the above. My neck is kinda long too.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's a good large mask that can handle high pressure well?
I had the same problem and the soft cervical collar resolved it. Perhaps you need a higher collar. The OTC collar sold on Amazon comes in 3 different heights.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried AirTouch for F20? I think those cushions tend to be more narrow and taller vs the AirFit. At least when I tried them, that's what I'd observed.

A simple cushion swap BTW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the very same problem and the larger sized collar resolved it - just try a bigger one ?

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I got doctor whatevers large cervical collar. But the straps are somewhat uncomfortable and can't seem to pull it tight enough for my scrawny neck.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for the Air Touch. I've used both the Airfit and Air Touch and the Air Touch seems to do a better job of maintaining a seal when my mouth is open.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
How's Air Touch cushion's durability? I remember there were issues in the past with cushions tearing at the nose bridge within a month or so. Hopefully they fixed that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read that but I myself haven't had a problem with tearing. I switched the cushion after 2 months but I probably could have used it longer.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 78 Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 199 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 299 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 112 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 141 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 786 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.