Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's an estimated time to feel the effects
RE: What's an estimated time to feel the effects
Waahhh!!! I have REM envy. Too-funny Here's my graph from last night. (My pressure was a constant 10.0 cm)

All I have is my usual middle-of-the-night thing.

[Image: hkiPQUB.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 07:49 PM)green wings Wrote: Waahhh!!! I have REM envy. Too-funny Here's my graph from last night. (My pressure was a constant 10.0 cm)

All I have is my usual middle-of-the-night thing.

patience Dancing

It took me 6 months to get consistently more than 1
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh! Thanks, that makes me feel better. It's only been about 2.5 months for me.

(04-09-2016, 08:30 PM)DariaVader Wrote: patience Dancing

It took me 6 months to get consistently more than 1

Post Reply Post Reply
btw - your AHI went up to 14 during the REM you had... you might need a little higher pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
I know! I have gradually increased it from the initial prescription of 7.0 cm in December to 10.0 cm.

I tried an auto trial in March, and my 95% pressure was around 14.7 cm, so I apparently need my pressure to be quite a bit higher to handle that middle of the night period. (I stopped the trial after 5 days because of spinal joint & ribcage pain.)

I have autoimmune arthritis that affects the joints of my spine, so I have been having a problem tolerating PAP therapy at all. I am still taking a couple of days off every two weeks or so to give my body a recovery period while sleeping.

It's very frustrating, because untreated apnea supposedly can worsen autoimmune inflammation, so I keep thinking it I get rid of most of my apnea events, I'd be better off overall.

Thanks

(04-09-2016, 11:04 PM)DariaVader Wrote: btw - your AHI went up to 14 during the REM you had... you might need a little higher pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 05:34 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 03:28 PM)green wings Wrote: Daria,

Do you have any graphs handy that show this? I'm interested because I'm still not remembering any dreams and also because I was told I had no REM sleep during my initial sleep study. (Is that even possible if you sleep for five hours?)

last night... highlighted what I think are REM periods. Good night for me, btw - lower pressure than normal to chase the bogies away Smile feel good today too. That last bit might be more REM now I think about it - I don't tend to lie in bed awake.

[Image: tAt6W8P.png]

Do you think that that last REM woke you up?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 05:04 AM)holden4th Wrote: Do you think that that last REM woke you up?

noooo... we had our 5 yr old granddaughter overnnight and altho they let me sleep in (hubby got up with her) 'twas she who waked me Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
Daria

I leaks associate with you REM periods?
Is there a connection?
I am going to look back though my DATA to see if I have the same thing. Do you have any dream correlation to these REM waves?

by the way is Vader your given name or are you married to....well you know who?

D....A.....R.....T.....H Rolling laugh

(04-11-2016, 05:04 AM)holden4th Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 05:34 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 03:28 PM)green wings Wrote: Daria,

Do you have any graphs handy that show this? I'm interested because I'm still not remembering any dreams and also because I was told I had no REM sleep during my initial sleep study. (Is that even possible if you sleep for five hours?)

last night... highlighted what I think are REM periods. Good night for me, btw - lower pressure than normal to chase the bogies away Smile feel good today too. That last bit might be more REM now I think about it - I don't tend to lie in bed awake.

[Image: tAt6W8P.png]

Do you think that that last REM woke you up?

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Daria = female DARTH :vader: (isn't an emoticon, but should be Wink )
or Daria = nerd girl character from MTV show....

the leaks do seem to rise with respiration, but they are not terribly high. Pressure tends to rise then as well, and who causes what.... Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2016, 10:46 AM)green wings Wrote: I know! I have gradually increased it from the initial prescription of 7.0 cm in December to 10.0 cm.

I tried an auto trial in March, and my 95% pressure was around 14.7 cm, so I apparently need my pressure to be quite a bit higher to handle that middle of the night period. (I stopped the trial after 5 days because of spinal joint & ribcage pain.)

I have autoimmune arthritis that affects the joints of my spine, so I have been having a problem tolerating PAP therapy at all. I am still taking a couple of days off every two weeks or so to give my body a recovery period while sleeping.

It's very frustrating, because untreated apnea supposedly can worsen autoimmune inflammation, so I keep thinking it I get rid of most of my apnea events, I'd be better off overall.

Thanks

(04-09-2016, 11:04 PM)DariaVader Wrote: btw - your AHI went up to 14 during the REM you had... you might need a little higher pressure.
I don't understand the AHI, My readings from last night said I was 1.03..Is that good or bad?? What am I supposed to be getting ? My pressures are 9-13, averaging 10. Can you explain this?
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 191 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 89 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,432 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 832 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.