Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's different between the Airsense 11 & 10?
What's different between the Airsense 11 & 10?
I’d like this to be a thread where we have a listing out of the differences between the 10 and 11. I’ll start with what I know (or think I know!) and other people can add more information and/or corrections and clarifications? Help me flesh out this list...

Form factor changes—
  1. New water tank design? From the pictures I can’t tell if the 10’s water tanks will fit.
  2. Heated hose changes?
  3. Touch screen rather than knobs.
  4. Any more?
Setup changes—
  1. SmartStart is now a separate setting from TooCleverStop so that you can have the machine turn itself on without taking the risk that it will turn itself off in the middle of a long apnea.
  2. anything else?
Data changes (can we hear from the OSCAR developers here, please?)
  1. Does the 11 detect, record, and report new data? e.g. 2016-and-up 10 does RERA and original 10 does not.
  2. Is data reported differently? Are there lengths on all of the hypopneas for example?
  3. Does the machine seem better/worse at detecting events? Those of us using OSCAR's user flags can see that the 10 simply misses events sometimes. And sometimes it overlaps events (double counting) and other times cuts off the beginning or the end of an event.
  4. Does the flow limit detecting and/or reporting look any different?
  5. any other data recording or algorithm changes?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's different between the Airsense 11 & 10?
Following this. Interesting to see the differences. It is my understanding (may be wrong) that OSCAR does not now support the 11 but they are working on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS11 is in Beta NOW!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm quietly hoping the AS11 has a function to deal with UARS at factory....
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Airsense 11 has Bluetooth, in addition to the usual cellular modem
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
From the manual online:

Includes “For Her” Algorithm as a menu choice.

I notice supplemental oxygen can be up to 15 L/min. The old product matrix info sheet from ResMed for the “10” series said the Airsense 10 CPAP/APAP models were limited to 4 L/min, but the Aircurve 10 BiLevels were 15 L/min. 

Flow (maximum) at set pressures less on the Airsense 11 (standard tube, 12cm pressure is 143 L/min), compared to the older Airsense 10 (standard tube, 12cm pressure is 157 L/min)
Post Reply Post Reply
Any new findings regarding the differences?
Post Reply Post Reply
The main thing I wish they would add is timing controls but kind of doubt they have.
Post Reply Post Reply
One

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh but Dave - you've overlooked that decorative detail on the outside case!! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,485 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,114 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,408 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.