Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's different between the Airsense 11 & 10?
RE: What's different between the Airsense 11 & 10?
OK kinda serious, is it touchscreen? It appears yes.

To access the task manager CTRL+ALT+DELETE welcome to your Windows XP CPAP.

The humidifier tub looks different because you can't expect to move people to a new model while still using the old tub.

I'll still be getting the 10 series ST-A unless doc decides to have me get the Astral which is certainly not 10S.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave:  Does that mean we can refer to any confusion between the two as an off-by-one error? Bigwink

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure that would be acceptable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up my 11 yesterday, and I've been using the 10 daily for about seven years.

I haven't used the 11 but I can comment on a few things.

The 11 does indeed have a touch screen. The guy at my DME place said that the employees there liked the dial better.

The heated tube no longer has a right angle, and plugs directly in, and contrary to what I was told, the 10's tube does NOT fit the 11.

The 10 reservoir cannot be used in the 11, because the shape of the 11 is more curvy.

With the 10 next to the 11, the 10 is taller but the 11 is wider, and they're both about the same depth.

The bag of the 10 is fatter than the 11, but the 11 bag is a like half an inch wider than the 10.

My wife and I were under the impression that the 11 was significantly smaller than the 10, and now that I have both side by side, and we are both seriously underwhelmed.

If you folks would like pictures, don't hesitate to ask.

For the record, I came to this forum because I just learned about the SmartStart feature, and I'm trying to learn how to enable it on my 10, and I'm really ticked off that I've been using it for 7+/- years without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The smart start seems to cause more problems. It can shut off at night if you cave centrals. There are a few threads about it on this site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2021, 09:19 AM)staceyburke Wrote: if you cave centrals

What now?
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe he meant, "have" and not "cave".

The Smart Start option has been around since the S9 series. This option worked perfectly in the S9, but has become a problem child on the A10 series. There are several posts here, with me included, about it shutting down during the night. A lot of times you don't realize it occurred until you review your sleep data and see a gap in the timeline.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. I really wasn't being snide or anything, I haven't a clue what a "central" is either. If my cpap turns off, I'm awake within minutes. I know this for a fact when my power goes out. 

My nightstand is about three feet from my bed, and I absolutely HATE having to reach over and turn it on or off, especially with a bad back and bad shoulders. After all these years I finally, just a few weeks ago, solved that problem. I took a three foot long by one foot wide shelf, half an inch thick. On one end I put a perimeter of wood (so the unit doesn't slide off) and tucked the shelf between my mattress and box spring. Once my cpap was set in place I marked where the wire sat and I drilled a hole in my 'wall' and fed the wire through that so it lays flat, and now my machine is literally next to my bed.

See pic, if you're interested, here https://www.unusualgoods.us/Untitled.png
Post Reply Post Reply
To be fair I don't think the SmartStart feature is going to cause issues for everyone. I was using it for over a month and I never saw any cases of the machine cutting out except where I had woken up and taken off my mask.
I'd suggest you start checking your data in Oscar, and try with SmartStart enabled for a few days. If you start finding session breaks on nights where you didn't wake up and specifically remove the mask, then you'll know you need to turn it off.

(Edit: And for the record you can turn it on on the AS10 by holding down the Home button and the selection knob together for 3 seconds to access the Clinical menu, and you'll find it under settings. While you are at it, I'd recommend setting "Essentials" to "Plus". That will add the SmartStart option to the normal "My Options" menu.)

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
I loved the smart start but hated the stupid stop because it the huge spike blows out the auto-fit on my OSCAR graphs. I always started the machine by blowing into it, but the when I need to stop I would hit the button and hold my breath while I took the mask off. Then after I had the machine shut down in a run of severe flow limits a couple of times I killed it.

Looking forward to the 11 where I can turn smart start on and turn stupid stop off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 169 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,380 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,710 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,689 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,180 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,489 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,835 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.