Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's different between the Airsense 11 & 10?
RE: What's different between the Airsense 11 & 10?
They looked considerably smaller in the 11 when I was comparing units at the DME last week
Post Reply Post Reply
As of 1 October 2021 the AS11 models are not listed in the ADP devices Manual:

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/prog...manual.pdf

The new prices are considerably lower than before, so I need to find out more.

Found this on the ADP website:   https://www.ontario.ca/page/respiratory-...d-supplies
Code:
How much is covered
We cover 75% of the ADP price for respiratory equipment, including cardiorespiratory monitors,
suction devices, medication compressors, high output air compressors, airway clearance devices,
and PAP systems.

You must pay 25% of the ADP price.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much pholynyk!

Reality is that treatment quality is so important. There are always choices. If I need a machine after mine fails, I'll find a used S11 if that's all that's available. I trust ResMed has improved their machine. (No more Respironics for me!)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you stuff a standard round rubber non-heated hose into the back of an A11? When I'm running on battery, I don't use the ClimateLine hose on my A10. I have a simple SlimLine unheated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
The A-11 uses a standard 22 mm outlet, and the fittings for a heated tube are in a recessed collar adjacent to that adapter, pretty much as with the S10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Sleeprider stated, the AS11 uses any standard 22mm hose connection for the non-heated hoses. Resmed's website states that each model, S9, A10, and A11 requires a specific hose for each of their models, Interchanging heated hoses between different model numbers is impossible.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A bit OT but I have had both the S9 and now the AS 11 (as well as, unfortunately, the Dreamstation). I briefly tried an AS 10 but compared to the S9 it made a nasty "hooting" sound on exhale (FYI, changing the EPR made no difference) so I quickly returned the AS 10 and went back to the S9.

The Dreamstation was very quiet but what with it's issues and Phillips really bad attitude, I will get that fixed when they fix it but just keep it as a backup - I am done with Phillips.

As far as the AS 11, I have used it for over a month now and here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

1) Very quiet - at least as quiet as the Dreamstation.
2) Modern and takes up very little space.
3) As always with Resmed, hose is quite robust (if a bit less flexible). Phillips hoses are flimsy and tend to fail.
4) App seems to work well once you get used to the way it synchs (by calendar date instead of per entire night)

Cons:

1) Some of the touchscreen virtual switches and buttons could be  larger and easier to use, especially those that you use a lot (like warm up, for example). A minor usability quibble, but I would have made the whole touchscreen about 2X larger...
2) Only one kind of water chamber is available instead of two and the one piece hinged design makes thorough cleaning harder than with the S9 or even the Phillips.
3) Poor cellular strength. On the same carrier as my phone it gets 1-2 bars when my phone gets 4-5 sitting right next to the AS11. It does synch, however, which is what counts.

Overall it is equal to the S9 and superior to the Dreamstation, IMHO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2021, 10:31 AM)pholynyk Wrote: DaveL, The AS11 models are not yet available in Canada. It's my understanding that all production is going towards the Austoset, and the A4Her mode is included in the Autoset. If the CPAP and Elite models are not being made for Canada, I have no idea how Ontario's ADP  will classify the Autoset, or if they will drop the requirements to qualify for an APAP.

I am in Canada and I recieved an AS11 in late October (I was put on a waitlist back in the summer).  I qualified for an APAP so not sure.  The machine was about 575 of which I had to pay about 133, OHIP covered the rest.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very Good, apneainthetdot. My DME here said they didn't expect the AS11 until next summer. Also the October 2021 edition of the ADP book didn't even mention the AS11, so I'm glad you got it at the new set price.

I may have to check with them again, as my AS10 is coming up on seven years old.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2021, 02:13 PM)apneainthetdot Wrote: I am in Canada and I recieved an AS11 in late October (I was put on a waitlist back in the summer).  I qualified for an APAP so not sure.  The machine was about 575 of which I had to pay about 133, OHIP covered the rest.

I am in the USA and I got the AirSense 11 on October 27.  I decided to use a DME supplier and my health insurance.  I found out today that the cost of the machine will be a rental for $10.71 per month for 12 months, then I own the machine. $128 is a great out of pocket price for the AirSense 11.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 159 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,376 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,706 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,673 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,174 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,486 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,833 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.