Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's going on with me?
What's going on with me?
I can't seem to keep consistent results. A few good nights then a poor one and repeat. Here is my last 5 nights.
Any ideas, suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's going on with me?
When you first started, your AHI was 8-9 and you were using EPR at 7-20 pressure. Removing EPR brought the event rate down to the 2.5 range. It appears you reduce your minimum pressure to 6.2 and your AHI is mostly in the mid-2 range with a couple higher event rates thrown in. I don't see much opportunity to change pressure settings, other than to reduce the maximum pressure to about 9.0. The only other possibility is fixed pressure in your current range of 6 to 8 cm.

I think you will just need more time to see how this all works out. Your AHI probably won't justify a change in approach to ASV, and I would expect a gradual improvement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's going on with me?
It would help us if you kept your replies all in the same thread, you started one before, this keeps the history visible and easy to follow. 

You've been on this since late December it appears, and these most recent reports does not show any OA events, all CA and Hypopnea.  This generally means  that it just takes time for the body to adjust to the constant air flow from the machine that is blowing off the CO2, to adjust and reset your brain in a more regular breathing pattern.

Your numbers are all considered treated except for the last one so you would need to give more time to adjust to the treatment or make small changes to the pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.