Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

THANX
THANX
I am new to Sleep machine,but now my wife sleeps soundly!!haha
I came here to get info on 'Why dizzy?' in morning...after one week of 'sorta okay' results,but NO EXPLOSIVE energy after 2 nights stuff!!haha
So my body is adjusting and I will loosen the straps as someone suggested and see if that helps with problem of 'dizziness'.
I also have severe sinusitis,COPD,Arthritis,thinning hair,freckles,and over 70...so likely not long for this world!!haha
Anyway,THANX to whoever it was that suggested the 'too-tight' straps...and after a month,I 'll be back to let you know how things are!
THANX for this site...and remember,when in doubt...see GOOGLE!!
Brock Crysler
Moose Jaw,Canada
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: THANX
Hi Brock,
Concerning dizziness, do you have high blood pressure? If yes, is it under control?

Also, have you had your oxygen levels checked. There could be many things to cause this, please be sure to see your doctor about the dizziness.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanx Opal...yup,one 'problem' I forgot,not real serious,as one week it will be Normal and next a BIT high,but we never worry too much about BP too much!
O-two levels low and I get that checked regularly...only 10 days with machine,so was just kinda antsy,...also started new puffer which mentions 'dizziness' as side-effect,but it never bothered me when I had trial run 2 months back!
THANX again for feedback...see Doc regularly...next week again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brock Crysler,
WELCOME! to the forum.
I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanx,Trish...look forward to all answers with my new, but valuable  "toy"!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brock,

Until you get the dizziness thing sorted out just remember, when you get out of bed, to sit on the edge of the bed for a few moments before jumping right up. Dizziness is not one of my symptoms but I have had balance and equilibrium problems for a couple of years or more and have to work hard at avoiding falls. I have used a cane for almost two years. There are so many possible causes of dizziness and I wish you and your doctors the best in getting it sorted out.

Stick with your CPAP therapy and continue to participate in the forum and you will see much improvement with the apnea.

As for your age, that is mainly just a number, a bunch of us on this forum didn't think we would be around this long or we just might have taken better care of ourselves, and maybe would have brought more money. Wishing you success in your treatment.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanx again to Stan and Pat...The age thing is like George Burns said,'If I'd known I was going to live this long,I'd have taken better care of myself'. George likely had few money problems!!
This is new to me,so I will be vigilant...be lovely to have solid sleeps again,and wake up refreshed.
But I do thank you all!!
Brock
Post Reply Post Reply
Also Brock, if your machine is data capable you should go ahead and download SleepyHead so you can eventually post some data. Your profile indicates a Philips Respironics machine set for a constant pressure of 6 cmH2O. Update your profile to show the model of your machine, whether it is auto and whether it is BiPAP. 

Do you have a copy of any sleep study you have had and a copy of the doctors prescription for your machine? You are entitled to these and should have them for your records and as useful information when seeking help on the forum. Ask for these items as soon as practical. Did your doctor prescribe the setting of 6 cmH2O? That seems low for most patients. If you fill in the missing information you will start getting help with your apnea therapy. Make your profile information as complete and current as possible.

I don't think anyone has mentioned inner ear problems as a possible cause for dizziness. Talk to your doctor about getting that checked. That is an issue with quite a few people.

Dont hesitate to post any questions you may have regarding my requested information. I may not have answers but someone here will have the answers.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stan...I am on 3 week trial basis with my doctor and Sleep team,after the initial trial,I'm sure my doc and Team will reassess and suggest changes!
Pretty well all to me so far.
Thanks again for info and suggestions!
Brock
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.