Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's happening in the 10 minutes before I take my mask off in my sleep?
What's happening in the 10 minutes before I take my mask off in my sleep?
Last night was my first time trying a nasal mask (N30i) instead of full face. I'm a chronic mouthbreather so I used a chinstrap with it. Got about 1 hour of sleep with my Aircurve 10 VAuto before taking off both the mask and chinstrap while still asleep or half asleep.

I'm an Oscar noob so please let me know if other data would be more useful. But I took this screenshot (see attached) after noticing how these charts looked a bit odd around the last 10 minutes recorded. Does it help explain why I became uncomfortable enough to take off the mask last night? Or do I just need to spend more nights practicing with the machine so my body gets used to breathing with it? I'm currently using a min EPAP of 5.6.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's happening in the 10 minutes before I take my mask off in my sleep?
It would be much more helpful if you could put your charts as in my signature. Use F12 for the screenshot.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacey - Is that what your signature says?  The font is so small, you make a lawyer envious.  Smile
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried to make it larger, some posts it is larger. Some very small.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2021, 03:49 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I have tried to make it larger, some posts it is larger. Some very small.

In the signature tool in the user panel

Highlight all the text

Then click the remove format buttons 

It looks like an A with a red circle and a minus sign. 

See if that helps
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW there was a forum setting I had to edit after I was newly signed up. Whatever it was changed my posts micro print lawyer fine print ish to something a bit better...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2021, 03:49 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I have tried to make it larger, some posts it is larger. Some very small.

Looks better
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,078 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 596 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  waking up every 15 minutes and heart shedu1337 11 890 12-26-2023, 06:38 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.