Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's happening??
RE: What's happening??
If you look at the last graph I posted, Sleepyhead reports no flow limitation whatsoever before and during the first obstructive event.

Surely, an obstructive event should mean a flow limitation closed to 1 (or 100%)???

The second and third OA events (following shortly) only show a flow limitation of up to 0.25, so why are they classified as OA?

Makes no sense to me, and it looks like either a bug in Sleepyhead, or in the raw data generated by the Resmed machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Ted, we very commonly see obstructive events arise "out of the blue" with no preceding flow limitation. Individuals that show that pattern require a higher minimum pressure since the machine does not get a warning. Similarly, we see chronic flow limitation with no following events. Those individuals require limits on maximum pressure. You simply cannot generalize the association of FL with OA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I don't get it.

Surely, a serious flow limitation measured by the machine means an obstructive event.
How does my machine determines OA or HA events, apart from measuring flow limitation??

The word "obstructive" should surely indicate a large restriction of respiratory flow.

Therefore, the flow limitation chart should spike or have a vertical line at the same time as an obstructive event. I understand it may be very sudden instead of progressive, but my flow limitation chart does not seem to show any relation to OA events. On the first 2 OA events on the chart below, no flow limitation is measured...

[Image: mx2wGRZ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
At any one time the machine can only select one of 5 things. OA, H, CA, FL, or nothing at all. They may be right next to each other but only one can be registered at any given time. Read RobySue's Beginners Guide to SleepyHead in the software support forum. It explains flow limitations well.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trialing masks - pressure requirements, What's happening? Wondering2 14 811 11-15-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 534 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire
  [Treatment] Treatment-emergent CSA happening 1 year after being on BIPAP-ST? Jeads95 5 633 06-12-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Backorder AirCurve Bipap - What is happening? Abletree 6 667 10-05-2022, 03:28 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  what is happening here Innisfree 3 620 06-22-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Arrow What exactly is happening here? Millstone50 1 590 05-12-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  What's happening in the 10 minutes before I take my mask off in my sleep? moodotkai 6 705 07-07-2021, 08:02 AM
Last Post: factor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.