Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's the Highest AHI that you have ever seen?
RE: What's the Highest AHI that you have ever seen?
When I first heard about AHI, I was confused. Why do they only count events/hour? I have no medical education, but my engineer mind tells me that you also need to consider how long the events are. As already said above, a small or moderate condition with low AHI could be very serious if each event is very long, say one minute. I guess the AHI unit is something that was invented before we had computer programs to calculate things more easily.
OSCAR Fedora and CentOS installation package:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/johanh/oscar/
My study revealed and AHI of 103.1 the Saturday before last. The sleep tech came in and woke me up to put me on the machine. She said "It was painful watching you sleep" I am surprised my wife has put up with my snoring and gasping for air over the past 22 years. She told me she was calling the doctor if I didn't go in and get checked out. I am surprised I haven't had a stroke or heart attack.
I picked up my machine and mask yesterday and my first night result was an AHI of 3.44. Success! Smile Looking forward to experiencing a less drowsy day and having the energy to get back in shape.
Post Reply Post Reply
On 2016-02-04 my sleep study revealed an average of 127.3 AHI's and an O2 level of 62% with notations of me having cyanosis over 4 hrs 10 mins. (just call me Papa Smurf! Tongue-out-2)

So as they put it to me, I was awake for some 25-30 seconds a minute on average, never ever got into rem.

No one could figure out how I functioned in life, how I could work or how I could drive let alone concentrate.

But, things were changing for me now and I am hardly functional.

After going on CPAP and transitioned to BiPAP (yeah I know it's registered) my AHI's tend to hover in the 0.2 - 4.3 range.

I don't get more n' about 3 hrs contiguous sleep at a shot..

Looking at some of the reports, it's interesting to observe I tend to awaken for good on a central, unknown or apnea event, almost every time.. literally jars me awake.

I'm still trying to make friends with my BiPap... at Ipap of 20 and an Epap of 12.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2016, 02:06 PM)johanh Wrote: When I first heard about AHI, I was confused. Why do they only count events/hour? I have no medical education, but my engineer mind tells me that you also need to consider how long the events are. As already said above, a small or moderate condition with low AHI could be very serious if each event is very long, say one minute. I guess the AHI unit is something that was invented before we had computer programs to calculate things more easily.

Absolutely! My untreated AHI was 59, but my longest Apnoeas were for 90 seconds. Scary stuff! (Oxygen sats down to 60%)
Post Reply Post Reply
Just diagnosed at an AHI of 154.7.... New high score? hehe
Post Reply Post Reply
92, 95 and 105 on my back lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
mine is 5 according to the study, and 15 or so micro-awakenings per night or something. I don't trust those 2 nights to be very representative of my average nights though. My home study gave me a 4, and I got a 7.6 first night WITH the cpap, so I don't know.

machine high is 7.6 first night, and then 6.7, and then down to 1.5-3 average.

last night I had a pretty bad obstructive that lasted 10 minutes, in which the program measured an AHI of 17 in my last hour of sleep (with the cpap on). Night average was 3.8.

I often have periods with nothing, and then periods with more events. Average night AHI isn't so bad, but sometimes the "hour with events AHI is pretty pad, and IMO that's what was messung me up). I was often feeling much better at 4-5 am VS at 8 AM. Probably because of late night high AHIs screwing me up.

I wonder if I should keep using the CPAP, I don't know, unsure that I am feeling better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2017, 02:53 PM)98taco3 Wrote: Just diagnosed at an AHI of 154.7....  New high score? hehe

without pics, it never happened. Show the report because this is way beyond what seems possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading these I don't feel so bad about being diagnosed with an AHI of 56.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 08:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 02:53 PM)98taco3 Wrote: Just diagnosed at an AHI of 154.7....  New high score? hehe

without pics, it never happened. Show the report because this is way beyond what seems possible.

Here it is, took this screenshot from my online records.  

Since this study, Ive taken a second which supposedly confirmed the first study but I am believing something is amiss.  Currently im seeking care under another doctor who wants to do another study.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,973 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777
  Highest Periodic Breathing, Leaks and Apnea Ever! jennie54 88 8,359 04-13-2021, 10:18 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] 60+ days of treatment, Lowest AHI 1.44 & Highest 13.39 miker19 14 2,164 09-29-2019, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  I'd like highest output humidifier. ranjean 12 2,541 04-15-2019, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ranjean
  Heated tuning with HIGHEST WATTAGE? Night Train 1 1,519 12-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.