Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's the maximum pressure setting that doesn't disturb your sleep?
What's the maximum pressure setting that doesn't disturb your sleep?
What's the highest pressure setting on your Cpap machine that doesn't wake you up from the pressure being uncomfortable? I just had my pressure increased from 10 to 12 and I'm worried it might be high enough to wake me up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's the maximum pressure setting that doesn't disturb your sleep?
It's mostly an individual response, and what is true for someone else may not be true for you. The main thing is avoiding leaks. We have members with pressures over 20 and up to 25 cm. A pressure of 12 is less than my average maximum of 17. Like I said, it makes no difference and is just a matter of adjusting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'm trying to get a sense of what the average threshold for pressure tolerance is.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with Sleeprider on this one - I can let the pressure go up to 22 and above and have no comfort issues. The problem is leaks - for me, I've found 20 is about as high as I can go while keeping leaks low enough to not wake me up too many times during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the high is the issue, the speed to high is a bigger issue. When I first started I had an 18 or 20 fixed CPAP. Straight CPAP, no ramp no adjustment etc. I was eh ok with it, but I have to say the Auto BiPap made it easier. I now see some 18-20 from time to time, but the gradual increase never bothers me.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an ASV so my pressure can fluctuate a lot, and increase quickly. Some nights I average an inhalation pressure in the upper teens. If it stays fairly constant I don't notice. But if I get frequent and sudden spikes to even a lower inhalation pressure average it can awaken me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using an ASV also. My EPAP at 15 and the IPAP is +4 to 10, so 19 with spikes up to the max 25. Not a problem. --- That said, We were playing with settings several months ago and the Dr. asked to see what would happen if we did a straight 16 CPAP. Thought my head would explode. Very individual responses and I am sure it also depends on the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
25 no problem
Post Reply Post Reply
I have yet to find one that bothers me. I think the highest I've gone is about 15.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing from 10-20 has woken me up. In fact once I get the nasal pillows in, there is no sensation of air entering whatsoever.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,004 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 810 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 185 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 371 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.