Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's the right way to wear the Ruby chinstrap?
What's the right way to wear the Ruby chinstrap?
Should the wider part with the label be on top of the head or in the back of the head? I've been wearing it with the label in back, then I looked at the photo on the website again and it seems that the label is on top. Initially, it seems like it may be a bit more comfortable this way, but I honestly can't tell. ?????
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's the right way to wear the Ruby chinstrap?
Hi kderevan,
If memory serves me right, The label should go on the top of your head and that part that looks like a chin, goes under your chin.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you get it on right, please post your opinion of this chin strap. I've been thinking of buying one but suspect that it covers too much of the front of the chin and would interfere with the mask seal below my bottom lip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee I hope it goes in the back, because that's where I put mine. But it might depend on the specific "brand" of chinstrap you get. There's a number of them cashing in on the ruby color ("ruby colour" for our north and south suburban friends). I think directions came with mine that sort of clued me in to what to do with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I was using it so the wide part was in the back and the chin-shaped part was on my chin. I switched it last night because of seeing photos of it online being worn the other way. At first it seemed maybe a bit more comfortable--not hugely different. But as I tried to go to sleep, having the wider part on top of my head was bothering me, because I kept getting an itch under it and couldn't scratch it--for some reason that hasn't bothered me when the wide part was in the back. So I switched back to wearing it the possibly "wrong" way, with the wide part in back. It seems like it can used either way, which is odd.

As for my opinion on it as a chin strap, I don't really like how bulky it is, but I had tried a ResMed chin strap that was just one circular strap, and it wouldn't stay in place while I slept, so I switched to this one. It stays put and keeps me from flopping my mouth open, so it does the job. I don't look forward to wearing it in warmer summer weather, though.
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2014, 08:54 PM)kderevan Wrote: I had tried a ResMed chin strap that was just one circular strap, and it wouldn't stay in place while I slept
The single strap type like your ResMed may stay on your head if you put it on before you put your mask harness over your head. With the mask harness on top, the chin strap is less likely to slip off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wide to back.Have used them in the past.Very comfortable.But,lately I have been just using the prem. chin strap.My supplier send's me them "Free".I ask'd the past time for ordering if they have anything else.They sent me the deluxe strap.Really wide strap.Love it&my leakage has drop'd down alot.Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I was also wondering about this chinstrap.
Is it the Puresom Ruby Adjustable Chinstrap, manufactured by CareFusion?
It only seems to be available in 2 sizes: standard and XL.
The comments suggest that they switched materials and it now has less elasticity and therefore the standard is quite small now.
Did you get the standard or XL?

(04-03-2014, 01:09 AM)kderevan Wrote: Should the wider part with the label be on top of the head or in the back of the head? I've been wearing it with the label in back, then I looked at the photo on the website again and it seems that the label is on top. Initially, it seems like it may be a bit more comfortable this way, but I honestly can't tell. ?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it's the Puresom Ruby Adjustable, and I got the regular size, after measuring my head according to the instructions. It seems to fit OK, it's just that there is a lot of it, and I find it a little uncomfortable and itchy. It may drive me mad when summer weather hits.

(04-07-2014, 01:40 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: I was also wondering about this chinstrap.
Is it the Puresom Ruby Adjustable Chinstrap, manufactured by CareFusion?
It only seems to be available in 2 sizes: standard and XL.
The comments suggest that they switched materials and it now has less elasticity and therefore the standard is quite small now.
Did you get the standard or XL?

(04-03-2014, 01:09 AM)kderevan Wrote: Should the wider part with the label be on top of the head or in the back of the head? I've been wearing it with the label in back, then I looked at the photo on the website again and it seems that the label is on top. Initially, it seems like it may be a bit more comfortable this way, but I honestly can't tell. ?????

Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a PureSom Ultra chinstrap made by CareFusion. It is an adjustable, one-strap device with a small chin cup and is intended to be applied before your mask and headgear. I like it because it has a minimal presence and it stays in place because the mask headgear holds it against the head. I have only used it for two nights but so far, so good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 353 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ChinStrap & Data tblaster 2 393 11-28-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap slowe 9 835 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Best way to wear finger/ring oximeter (eg O2Ring) DavidEsp 7 1,245 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ferrus
Question Replacement for Ruby Red chin strap sleepy_one 0 390 09-28-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: sleepy_one
Question [CPAP] AirTouch F20 troubles - nose pillows better? but I snore..chinstrap? Lilaq88 5 849 07-26-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Unique Cpap chinstrap Ctyankee 1 641 03-31-2022, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.