Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's the use of software?
What's the use of software?
Hi, I'm new to all this. Just been using cpap for about 2 weeks. While it has been slightly better, I still have a lot of daytime sleepiness. My AHI was 16 before cpap, and went down to about 2 after.

I'm reading the board trying to look for new information. I see a lot of people are using softwares like SleepyHead. What's the use of it? All I know right now is AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's the use of software?
SleepyHead provides detailed information of a session of sleep. It is able to show when and what type of events, breathing patterns, tidal flow (amount of air), and leaks you are experiencing while asleep. SleepyHead also allows you to view detailed data for one day or compare previous days, weeks, or months.

If you are curious, you might look at the SleepyHead Guide for Beginners for more information and what the data means.
Here is the link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

I hope I have answered your question.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is useful if you are curious exactly what is going on while you sleep. It is also useful if you have some kind of a problem and therapy is not going well. With an AHI of 2 you probably don't have a problem with Therapy, so SH would be more for curiosity. In your case I would probably download the software and take a quick look at the statistics, paying attention to what kind of apnea events you are experiencing and how much leaking you are having. If you have a LOT (I mean really really a lot) of leaks, then the AHI of 2 may not be accurate and you could look into that. Otherwise, I expect every thing is fine and you just need to give it time to reduce the day time sleepiness.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also look at the Flow Rate (each breath) graph just before you wake up to see if some events are waking you up. Even with an AHI of 2, you could still be getting woken up by the twice hourly events that are happening. Or it could eliminate this, and push you to look elsewhere for the causing of your waking.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition, software will show you other events that might be arousing you but which don't qualify as apneas and hence are not part of the AHI calculation. For instance, RERAs and user defined flags UF 1 and UF 2. Download SH, peruse it, read the guide, and then come back here for more Q and A. Welcome aboard.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,187 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 686 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.