Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's up with Post Office tracking
Question 
I'm having the worst luck with post office tracking. It seems to never get properly updated.
Some items get stuck in an infinite loop. And some never get to the point of saying delivered.
It's not that the item doesn't get to where it's going; it's just the tracking is essentially useless.

Is registered mail tracked better than priority mail?

When I spend $6 to send two sheets of paper, I expect better.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have sent items/mail using priority mail to friends in Hawaii, and have been able to track,
but have not used registered mail.   Dont-know
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Their new website is horrible.  It used to be that it would remember all tracking numbers that you entered until you deleted them.  Now, it can't remember anything.   They made the mistake of offering me a chance o participate in a satisfaction survey.   I took them up on their offer and  told them how I felt in no uncertain terms.   I just know that has them shaking in their boots.   Big Grin
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

I haven't had much of a problem with USPS much at all, either with the old site or the new one.  Tracking is pretty good and updates in a timely manner.  Which is surprising to me, considering USPS is essentially a government agency.   Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
To make a long story short, I use registered mail to send gifts and packages to loved ones in Finland and the service has been generally OK but I've noticed that some cities are slower than others in updating the information.  Recently I had an incident that was beyond frustrating; I didn't think that it should take 3 weeks for a small envelope to travel from Minnesota to Finland (and the system told me it was in St. Paul for almost 2 weeks), so I wrote an email to some higher-up at the USPS in Washington, D.C., and I had someone working on my problem the next day.  (Their toll-free number is worthless, by the way.) I found out, they assign their own special tracking number which, I assume, lets someone know that they're being watched, and I was most pleased with the service, as the package arrived in time.  Being an old guy who's been around the block, I've found that emailing mucky-mucks (as my wife calls them) for various companies (even the US government) usually works like a charm. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Will depend on the carrier also. They need to scan your package and hit the right key (delivered mailbox, front door, some shmoe who walked by) and that gets uploaded to the usps site.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Know how you feel. I sent a first class letter from Tucson, AZ to a PO Box in Tucson, AZ. I mailed it in the post office which is the same one where the PO Box is. Took 4 week days for delivery. Why, all our mail has to go to Phoenix first and then back to Tucson. It is a battle that we have been fighting since they closed the handling facility in Tucson. I could have walked the letter to the destination faster, but it had to mailed.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 10:42 AM)justMongo Wrote: I'm having the worst luck with post office tracking.  It seems to never get properly updated.
Some items get stuck in an infinite loop.  And some never get to the point of saying delivered.
It's not that the item doesn't get to where it's going; it's just the tracking is essentially useless.

Is registered mail tracked better than priority mail?

When I spend $6 to send two sheets of paper, I expect better.

The basic difference is that USPS registered mail is internally stored and tracked differently due to the value of the items. If you want the same type of tracking without declaring a value, use certified mail.

I have not noticed any difference in USPS tracking except they are slow to update tracking results.

If you want better tracking use Fed-Ex ($7.50 per envelope local delivery, $8.00 for regional delivery, $9.75 for national delivery).
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Try Australia. My parcel arrivesfrom the US in 4 days and I have it after 14 more - if I'm lucky.

My latest parcel is the Dreamwear gel nasal pillow. It left Portland Oregon on May 18 and arrived here in OZ on May 23. It has not moved since then, stuck in some Auspost warehouse in Sydney. What will probably happen is that sometime next week (if I'm lucky) it will make it's way to Brisbane where it will sit for another few days. Finally, it will make the 80 km trip down to the Gold Coast arriving at my Australia Post parcel collect service. Australia Post will then neglect to inform me (even though I have email notification enabled) that it has arrived and on the last possible day before it's sent back to it's origin point, they will ring me and ask if I want to collect it. That should be about 14 days away.

I usually follow the tracking system (sometimes my parcels don't have tracking) and turn up at the post office to collect it when the tracking system says it has arrived. I then get asked "Did you get a notification that it has arrived?"

"No", I answer "but if you look out back I think you'll find that it's there". They look at me skeptically but amazingly, the parcel is actually there.

This from a government organisation that, until they kicked his sorry useless ass out of the job after a public outcry, was paying their top executive over $AUS5,000,000 per year.
Post Reply Post Reply

I ship stuff all the time (ebay, paperbackswap, etc.) and have had no problems with the tracking numbers. Nothing has gone amiss either as it did before tracking numbers (usually due to major weather issue like huge blizzard or hurricane). In the past, registered mail always took longer to reach the party, but it was always tracked.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Win 7 update no longer updates Office 2007 justMongo 6 471 09-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Airing Post has me thinking. . . Crimson Nape 14 945 07-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  how do I get to post jasonarmstrong 6 544 06-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Last Post: CardiacCrusher
  Need post count of 4 dontwantapnea 6 603 08-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  So what ever happened to the Post Office justMongo 17 1,557 12-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office me50 3 997 02-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: archangle
Question MS Office -- cannot open older files justMongo 11 2,420 11-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sleepster