Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's up with my Intel RAID?
I run two 1TB HDDs in RAID mirror. (I should have gone to SSD instead.) From the beginning it has generated verification errors when I run Intel's software to verify the array. The error count used to be in the teens. Now, I'm getting many more verify errors after just a week. I cannot find what Intel even means by a verification error.

The Mobo runs the Z87 chipset.

Ideas? Comments?

[Image: Capture_1.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you run any SMART tests on the individual disks? How old are these 1 TB disks? What disks are these? Ordinary desktop quality, enterprise level, or what? We will need more information to be able to help you effectively... Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm assuming that you tried resynching the drive array. Another thought; I use Parted Magic, a Linux utility that can be booted from from a CD or USB. It has all sorts of diagnostic, system utility and backup programs. One of the programs is a drive info program that gives very detailed information. There is a free version of Parted Magic that will work for you.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-02-2016, 05:31 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Can you run any SMART tests on the individual disks? How old are these 1 TB disks? What disks are these? Ordinary desktop quality, enterprise level, or what? We will need more information to be able to help you effectively... Big Grin

These are Western Digital Black SATA 3 drives. Installed mid-2014.
WD part# WD1000FZEX-00MK2A0.

I'm not sure I can get to the S.M.A.R.T. interface with them in the ARRAY.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAID 1 issues justMongo 5 1,012 05-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Breaking a RAID 1 array justMongo 38 3,297 03-26-2015, 01:26 PM
Last Post: PaytonA