Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's with this newbie data?
What's with this newbie data?
I can't believe how easy it was to upload SleepyHead stuff after all the hours I spent trying to upload via a defective SD card reader!

Are you able to comment on what some of this signifies? Broad brush overview is fine: too much technical stuff will be overwhelming for now.

I have 2 nights plus the leak night from hell. Hope this works.

[Image: mQcr929m.png]

[Image: FCxb7gkm.png]

I really don't understand why the mask was leaking so much in this third one. Maybe the nature of the events was making it leak more?

[Image: NO8rakwm.png]

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's with this newbie data?
Wow, What's with all the stopping/staring of therapy? No way you will get a good nights sleep waking yp so frequently and stopping IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 07:25 PM)klmetex Wrote: Wow, What's with all the stopping/staring of therapy? No way you will get a good nights sleep waking yp so frequently and stopping IMO.

On the two first charts, you can see a big gap? There's a nap....then a space:that's where I ate dinner and did evening stuff....then, nighty night.

On the third one, I had to keep getting up to figure out how the heck the mask was leaking, settle it down, try the flow, nope, leak some more, settle it down again.... It was leaking in a whole new spot that I didn't know it could leak from.

The gaps that are momentary and leakish IFAIK are from using Smart Start, using the restroom, and then resuming. I believe SmartStart would look leakish at mask-off?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 07:25 PM)klmetex Wrote: Wow, What's with all the stopping/staring of therapy? No way you will get a good nights sleep waking yp so frequently and stopping IMO.

Sorry, apparently I can't edit my post but once, but what I meant to say was:

"No way you will get a good nights sleep waking up so frequently and stopping IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 07:45 PM)klmetex Wrote:

Sorry, apparently I can't edit my post but once, but what I meant to say was:

"No way you will get a good nights sleep waking up so frequently and stopping IMO.

You are correct in thinking I wasn't getting a "good night's sleep".
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh jeeze!  You're one of "those" complicated cases.   Oh-jeez

Not to make your life suck too much, but if you'd give me one night at fixed pressure of 8 with no EPR, I'd really like to see what that looks like.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2017, 09:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Oh jeeze!  You're one of "those" complicated cases.   Oh-jeez

Not to make your life suck too much, but if you'd give me one night at fixed pressure of 8 with no EPR, I'd really like to see what that looks like.

Just for you, SleepRider, I'll try a fixed 8 no EPR tonight. This could be interesting...

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thanks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think you could be mouth breathing or leaking from your mouth? Do you wake up with a dry mouth?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 06:41 AM)klmetex Wrote: Do you think you could be mouth breathing or leaking from your mouth? Do you wake up with a dry mouth?

I am indeed leaking from my mouth, but I also have mask leakage per my unit. The second is easier to address than the first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 498 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 189 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 283 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.