Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's wrong with this picture?
What's wrong with this picture?
I had an OA event early this morning.

No, that's not the mystery.

The mystery is it looks like my machine ran out of "ink bits" or something before I had the OA, and about an hour before I woke up.

It is not a "Sleepyhead" thing, because "Rescan" shows the same thing.

The puppies could have eaten it, but I got up before they did.

So it's a puzzle.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's wrong with this picture?
Quick, check your pulse...you may have passed away at 7:55 am!

On the other hand, you may have what is known as a bug in the computer industry. I use that term to explain what's wrong with somethings when I have no idea what the problem really is. Most people accept that and just shrug it off and it makes me look like I actually know something.

Since it affects both readout softwares, I suspect something is amiss in the firmware of your CPAP box. Check with the manufacturer for any updates available and if no love, unplug it and hold the power switch down for 30 seconds. Sometimes that resets a processor that has wandered off into the sunset and allows it to find home again.

ps..My God man! You're getting waaay too much sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
To quote My Cousin Vinny "Looks like the &^%$ thing is BROKEN!"

Time to rotate the puppy 181 degrees and reset the machine.

Oh almost forgot, now you see why bricks rule, and data machines are smelly!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 08:34 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Quick, check your pulse...you may have passed away at 7:55 am!

On the other hand, you may have what is known as a bug in the computer industry. I use that term to explain what's wrong with somethings when I have no idea what the problem really is. Most people accept that and just shrug it off and it makes me look like I actually know something.

Since it affects both readout softwares, I suspect something is amiss in the firmware of your CPAP box. Check with the manufacturer for any updates available and if no love, unplug it and hold the power switch down for 30 seconds. Sometimes that resets a processor that has wandered off into the sunset and allows it to find home again.

ps..My God man! You're getting waaay too much sleep.

I guess it could be an idiopathic event. That means "bug."

p.s. I actually got up at 8:30. The machine just thought it was 9:00. The puppies didn't get up until 8:40. Nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
R_G

You have 2 different time scales on your charts but they all seem to end at the same time.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 09:38 PM)PaytonA Wrote: R_G

You have 2 different time scales on your charts but they all seem to end at the same time.

Yes. I actually woke up and turned the machine off at 8:30. But the machine thought it was 9:00. But the flow graph, etc, stopped going squiggle squiggle squiggle at around 7:55. But the OA event occurred after everything else went dark. But I don't know what's going on. But I don't really care a whole lot because I'm going to have my supper, play with the puppies, and go to bed. The machine will work just fine....... or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 09:52 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 09:38 PM)PaytonA Wrote: R_G

Yes. I actually woke up and turned the machine off at 8:30. But the machine thought it was 9:00. But the flow graph, etc, stopped going squiggle squiggle squiggle at around 7:55. But the OA event occurred after everything else went dark. But I don't know what's going on. But I don't really care a whole lot because I'm going to have my supper, play with the puppies, and go to bed. The machine will work just fine....... or not.

There's an awful lot going on with these pups, do we need to call the aspca and have them check up on you and them?? I'm starting to get concerned.

Oh yah and I hope the machine works just fine.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 10:34 PM)Galactus Wrote: There's an awful lot going on with these pups, do we need to call the aspca and have them check up on you and them?? I'm starting to get concerned.

Oh yah and I hope the machine works just fine.

I think maybe it would be more appropriate to call the aspcr_g.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since you did not have any events all night the machine decided to leave for a break. Then there was some sleep wake junk that looked like an OA. Since the machine was on break anyway it just threw in an OA and didn't bother with the rest.
If you had simply gotten out of bed at 7:55 none of these questions would have come up.
So set your alarm for tomorrow morning t prevent this crap.
Post Reply Post Reply
anybody else except me notice the amount of abuse I have to take around here?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 470 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 671 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.