Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's your favorite epr settings? 1 2 3. Med or fast return?
What's your favorite epr settings? 1 2 3. Med or fast return?
And why?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's your favorite epr settings? 1 2 3. Med or fast return?
Setting of 3 for comfort.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
1.  Comfort and Keeps my EPAP pressure up. Which helps HOLD my airway open. Thinking about changing it to 0 as comfort has become less of an issue.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 06:51 AM)Rcgop Wrote: 1.  Comfort and Keeps my EPAP pressure up. Which helps HOLD my airway open. Thinking about changing it to 0 as comfort has become less of an issue.

I have a F&P SleepStyle on trial and have only used it three nights. As supplied it was set on 2 and I have changed it to 3. Seems more comfortable there. I don't think the F&P has a "Return" setting.

I'm curious as to what the downside is to setting it lower? My only AHI with a 2 setting was 6. It was 3.4 and last night 2.7 with the 3 setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as you adjust your pressure up to compensate for the EPR the only downside would be if it causes CA events.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 09:18 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: As long as you adjust your pressure up to compensate for the EPR the only downside would be if it causes CA events.

I am a newbie to this stuff, and you lost me. Doesn't the AutoSet function look after the pressure and change it as required?
Post Reply Post Reply
The auto set adjusts up from your minimum pressure. So for example if you have a minimum pressure of 8cm and select 3 EPR it actually lowers your minimum pressure to 5cm. To adjust for that you would raise your minimum pressure setting to 11cm. That would give you 11cm on inhale and 8cm on exhale. That way you keep your minimum pressure the same.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the equivalent of "flex" on the dreamstation?
Post Reply Post Reply
Adjust low side or high side you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 10:44 AM)EddieR Wrote: Is this the equivalent of "flex" on the dreamstation?

Basically, but in reality I don't believe there is an exact cross correlation between this feature. Each manufacturer went separate ways on this idea.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can central sleep apnea go away for a period of time and then return? joseph421 9 969 03-29-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Philips Recall Return payment v Replacement ejbpesca 8 1,294 03-03-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 858 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  It feels like the CPAP is trying to make me breathe too fast RealityShifter 9 6,195 10-30-2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Your favorite chin strap? theredheadsaid 4 1,058 08-19-2022, 08:55 AM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  Favorite tricks to reduce apnea WITHOUT CPAP/BIPAP etc anobono 5 1,001 01-14-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cberistain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.