Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's your favorite xPAP accessories? Pics welcome!
Question 
What's your favorite xPAP accessories? Pics welcome!
Okay, being the crazy shopping fool I am, and my machine now being on order, I am now looking into any accessories that might add to the convenience and comfort of living with a CPAP.

So what's your favorite accessories? Or the one accessory you would now never chose to live without? Pics also welcome!
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's your favorite xPAP accessories? Pics welcome!
(06-23-2015, 08:10 AM)Ailu Wrote: Okay, being the crazy shopping fool I am, and my machine now being on order, I am now looking into any accessories that might add to the convenience and comfort of living with a CPAP.

So what's your favorite accessories? Or the one accessory you would now never chose to live without? Pics also welcome!

1. Mask cleaning wipes!! The come in unscented and citrus. Much more convenient than washing mask cushions with soap and water every day.

2. A long hose brush, and a hose hanger. Makes cleaning the tube a cinch. Use something like Ivory liquid or baby shampoo when you scrub it down, and rinse like crazy.

3. An extra headgear, frame, and cushion or two. They usually don't give you more until your compliance period is over. In my case I have an alternate mask as well.

4. HEPA filters for the machine. Prevents pollen and dander and dust from being blasted up my nose. Distilled water for the humidifier.

5. A tube of the Aloe/Emu cream. This stuff is magic on a sore nose.

6. Hose clips. Keeps the hose where I want it, not where it decides to go.

Boring stuff, eh? Cool

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove
A fleece hose cozy or snugglehose.
If I could find a fancy cover for my machine, I would buy it. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ailu,
I really like my hose hanger, it keeps it up and out of the way when I make the bed, I hang my mask on the hook that comes with it. I also like my hose cozie to make the hose softer for one thing, and it helps a friend here who has a local sewing business.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I added a hose clip to prevent my hose from kinking when it comes up from the machine. I also made a hose cozy for winter. I mostly only need the heated hose in the summer when the a/c is on. My sister made me a mask bag that I can pin to the top of the mattress. Her original plan was to have it slide in between the mattress and box spring, but then my mask is almost on the ground and that didn't work for me.

I would love to have a fancy cover on my machine, but unfortunately, it's a fire hazard (the machine is always running even if the blower is not).
Post Reply Post Reply
My hose holder

[Image: hoseholder.jpg]

Followed by the new pillow I got. No pic of that. Wife insists on covering my pillows with foofoo pillow cases. Rolleyes
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 12:25 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I added a hose clip to prevent my hose from kinking when it comes up from the machine. I also made a hose cozy for winter. I mostly only need the heated hose in the summer when the a/c is on. My sister made me a mask bag that I can pin to the top of the mattress. Her original plan was to have it slide in between the mattress and box spring, but then my mask is almost on the ground and that didn't work for me.

I would love to have a fancy cover on my machine, but unfortunately, it's a fire hazard (the machine is always running even if the blower is not).

Resmed has something you can put on your machine to decorate it.

If you are talking about a cover so you can't see what it is when not in use, I don't know if Resmed makes those but if you know someone that sews, they could make you one.

you can google resmed cpap skins and see what you come up with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 10:22 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Lolabove

Huhsign

Not quite sure why OpalRose is laughing at me; I find all of the above to be both useful and accessories. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 07:16 PM)parkerdt Wrote:

Huhsign

Not quite sure why OpalRose is laughing at me; I find all of the above to be both useful and accessories. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Sorry, wasn't really laughing..it's just your list was so practical and I was thinking how to make it more fun. Anyway, everything on your list is needed, and I really like the hose clips.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 07:32 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 07:16 PM)parkerdt Wrote:

Huhsign

Sorry, wasn't really laughing..it's just your list was so practical and I was thinking how to make it more fun. Anyway, everything on your list is needed, and I really like the hose clips.

the only thing I have from that list is extra supplies just in case (I save my older one when I get a new order except the filters). I didn't realize how neglected I have been.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 177 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Cheap accessories for masks periksson 1 502 06-20-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Medicare and CPAP Accessories oneeyeopen 5 769 06-04-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Doublereeder2
  do all listed suppliers accept insurance for accessories, masks, etc hELpMePls2023 4 570 01-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Your favorite chin strap? theredheadsaid 4 1,058 08-19-2022, 08:55 AM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  xPAP replacement midwestguy 2 455 07-31-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question [Pressure] New xPAP user - Question about Centrals on OSCAR AeroM 41 3,713 02-21-2022, 11:31 PM
Last Post: AeroM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.