Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What's your favorite xPAP accessories? Pics welcome!
RE: What's your favorite xPAP accessories? Pics welcome!
(06-23-2015, 07:32 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 07:16 PM)parkerdt Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 10:22 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Lolabove
A fleece hose cozy or snugglehose.
If I could find a fancy cover for my machine, I would buy it. Smile

Huhsign

Not quite sure why OpalRose is laughing at me; I find all of the above to be both useful and accessories. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Sorry, wasn't really laughing..it's just your list was so practical and I was thinking how to make it more fun. Anyway, everything on your list is needed, and I really like the hose clips.

I'm a guy and a geek. Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Right now it is my $8 DuraCare Premium Cpap Hose Holder for Sleep Apnea - since - grumble grumble - I am in a Hotel this week and left it at home Big Grin

[Image: 3149cMHUPaL.jpg]
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
1. I like the tube cleaning system (Supplier #1), AKA hose hanger which is item 2 on Parkerdt's list. It has plugs for the ends so you can soak the hose while full of solution.
2. Also I love my hose hanger pole for the bed to steer the hose up over my head.
3. I have the perfect pretty plastic tray to lay out my mask parts and humidifier tank to dry. And a pretty tiny bottle to hold the baby shampoo I use to clean my mask silicone and cushions every day. I only need a drop on my finger to do the washing. It sits on the bathroom shelf.
4. A 90 deg elbow adapter to connect the hose to the machine back.
5. Backup mask frame and multiple mask cushions and head gear.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohh... shopping...

How about a hardwood cpap friendly bedside table? (yes they make em)

Or a nice portable self that tucks in under your mattress to keep your device off the floor? (google up arden innovations to find this)

On my list is a nice leather travel bag (thinking a good camera or range bag might do)

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 07:58 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Right now it is my $8 DuraCare Premium Cpap Hose Holder for Sleep Apnea - since - grumble grumble - I am in a Hotel this week and left it at home Big Grin

I've got one of those. Except I re-engineered it. I put the angle on the bottom so that the whole thing booms out directly over my head, and the hose drops straight down. I also have the machine and hose hanger stand behind my bed. I have a large (50 lb.) coffee table book about Leonardo Da Vinci holding it all in place. In the morning I just pull the bottom apart and lay it down so it looks less like the ICU.

I think everyone should have one of these, and a fleece cozy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2015, 02:59 PM)sansnap Wrote: How about a hardwood cpap friendly bedside table?

The ones I found (Purdue Woodworks) I couldn't tell if they were solid wood or MDF. I didn't like the styling either, so I've now got it in the back of my mind to make this one of my first projects once I get my shop set back up.

Only concern is if the "box" will act like a speaker box, actually increasing the amount of noise. I had problem with that when I placed the machine on my headboard shelf- the shelf acted as a passive amplifier. Couldn't get to sleep until I got a TV tray from downstairs to set it on.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2015, 08:35 AM)lmoretti Wrote: Only concern is if the "box" will act like a speaker box, actually increasing the amount of noise. I had problem with that when I placed the machine on my headboard shelf- the shelf acted as a passive amplifier. Couldn't get to sleep until I got a TV tray from downstairs to set it on.

Well designed speaker boxes actually transmit little internal sound to the outside world, unless they use a reflex port which mainly outputs at very low frequencies. If the MDF box is at least 18 mm thick it should damp sound nicely. The main problem with putting your CPAP in a small box would be with heat dissapation. It can't be a closed box or the machine couldn't blow air. If the opening was of any size a lot more noise would come via the opening than by transmission through the wood itself, I think.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Woot I have new one! A battery backup. Ailu already has that, so I'm just catching up. But with the storms we have tonight, I'm glad it came today.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
My battery backup ran my machine 23 mins, early this AM. Thank goodness! Storm season is just really starting here.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 07:58 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Right now it is my $8 DuraCare Premium Cpap Hose Holder for Sleep Apnea - since - grumble grumble - I am in a Hotel this week and left it at home Big Grin

As much as I like this, I can see this as a serious cat toy. With me underneath.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 237 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Cheap accessories for masks periksson 1 516 06-20-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Medicare and CPAP Accessories oneeyeopen 5 788 06-04-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Doublereeder2
  do all listed suppliers accept insurance for accessories, masks, etc hELpMePls2023 4 609 01-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Your favorite chin strap? theredheadsaid 4 1,104 08-19-2022, 08:55 AM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  xPAP replacement midwestguy 2 470 07-31-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question [Pressure] New xPAP user - Question about Centrals on OSCAR AeroM 41 3,786 02-21-2022, 11:31 PM
Last Post: AeroM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.