Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What setting adjustments do I need?
What setting adjustments do I need?
Still new to Medicare and new Doctor. I don't know how familiar she is with CPAP adjustments. Thought I could bring in suggestions from this board, to my second appointment which is next month.

I have SleepyHead data charts placed in order as suggested -- though I can't seem to find Flow Limit.

Looks like my AHI is still a little high. I've had some seal issues with my Oracle mouth mask, but I think I may have that solved. On the days when AHI is around 5 or lower, I feel better rested.

I think I know how to obtain a screenshot but not yet how to post them here, if requested.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What setting adjustments do I need?
Here are a couple links to help.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Screenshot
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Post you screenshots when you get a chance. We would be happy to help you in giving your doctor some suggestions. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The imgur was very confusing; I will try again tomorrow.

How many days of data should I post?
Post Reply Post Reply
Only need to post a couple days.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't figure how to remove the image from the Imgur page.

http://imgur.com/a/ZAB4w
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2016, 11:29 AM)taly Wrote: I can't figure how to remove the image from the Imgur page.

http://imgur.com/a/ZAB4w
If you posted it from within an IMGUR account, you can remove it by floating your cursor over your id, choosing images from the popup menu, float over the image you want to remove, and use the trash can icon. If you posted without opening an account, I'm not sure you can remove it. In future, you probably should be careful not to leave your name on the image. The windows snipping tool allows you to frame the image as desired. Be sure to read the third link posted by OpalRose. Follow the instructions there to post inline images here.

At any rate, your pressure window is set wide open. Not good. You should get the IP up (see next paragraph). However, you shouldn't do that all at once. You'll need to acclimate to the pressure by increments, and ensure that you don't have leak issues. Start around 7, gather a few days' data, then increment by 1 and repeat the cycle until you reach the target or get substantial reduction in AHI, whichever comes first.

What should be the target IP? Rule of thumb is to set it a couple percent points below the 95% figure. But for the two days you posted, there's a substantial difference for that figure. I would average that figure over several nights, and shoot for a couple points below that average.

For future SH images, consider losing the pie chart so the left pane shows more of the meaningful data. (Preferences=>Appearance=>uncheck the piechart option.)

Good luck, -Ron

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having trouble signing up with Imgur but that is now solved.

I'm still having problems with the Oracle mask slipping off one of its lugs, resulting in a small leak. Until I get that straightened out, I assume my Sleepyhead data won't be of much help.

I am also budgeting for an oximeter which can be downloaded on Sleepyhead to sync with the Dreamstation data.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,521 Yesterday, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 511 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 461 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,010 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 810 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 529 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 163 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.