Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What should I do with my DreamStation1?
What should I do with my DreamStation1?
Now I’m trying to find a way to get some of my money back on this Dream Station 1. 
With the recent issues from Philips revealed concerning the foam entering the patient circuit and the sub par therapy I’ve been getting , it’s time. I’ll lose money on though. 
How do I go about selling it? Then , I’ll need to know exactly what new machine to get that will not be too much of a hit. I know Res Med is coming out or has already come out with the new Cpap  model. Is the old model still ok…the Airsense 10? I refuse to buy anything used) I still need to  discuss with my wife. We spent a fortune on that Philips through my doctor …WAY overpaid for a crummy machine
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What should I do with my DS1
I don't think the A11 is out yet, but if it were me, I'd get the current A10 AutoSet.  It's a great machine and many suppliers are offering discounts.  If you are self paying, check the supplier list above and compare prices.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose 

I’m sorry but where is the supplier list ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 07:00 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Thank you OpalRose 

I’m sorry but where is the supplier list ?

Oops, sorry... it's at the top of every page.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At the top of every screen is a black ribbon link menu.  You can find the link there.  I've also listed it below.

Supplier's List
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 07:05 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: At the top of every screen is a black ribbon link menu.  You can find the link there.  I've also listed it below.

Supplier's List

Thank you. Do you think Philips will refund or partially refund money for the world wide issue? What do you foresee?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 08:31 AM)Rice95 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 07:05 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: At the top of every screen is a black ribbon link menu.  You can find the link there.  I've also listed it below.

Supplier's List

Thank you. Do you think Philips will refund or partially refund money for the world wide issue? What do you foresee?

Rice95,
I haven't heard anything, and I wouldn't count on Phillips to offer a refund.  In a perfect world, they should offer something.
I thought it was a bit sneaky to stop the sale of the DS1 and almost at the same time releasing the sale of DS2.  

It doesn't hurt to try and talk to that doc that sold you the DS1.  He probably was aware of the issues.  He may offer a trade up on the new DS2.  

But even if that happened, the DS2 isn't currently supported by OSCAR, so keep that in mind.  

If all else fails, you can try listing it on Craigslist, EBay or marketplace, or keep it as an emergency backup.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the DS 2 offer proper therapy ?
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading your question, my first thought was, "Don't hold your breath".   Big Grin

I seriously doubt a refund will be in the offering.   After all, they are in business to make money, not to give it back.   My best guess is they will probably offer a credit towards the purchase of a DS-2.  Again, I don't know how long you have had your unit.  If it has been less than a year, then "maybe" an exchange might be offered.  

If the reported number of CPAPs that are effected worldwide is near accurate, I'm sure there has to be some lawyer that has, or is getting, a class action lawsuit filed.   You may wish to search for this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: What should I do with my DS1
(05-24-2021, 08:48 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Does the DS 2 offer proper therapy ?

You would probably receive the same therapy as what the DS1 is giving you.  Although, I don't honestly know if there were any major improvements made to the algorithm itself.  It appears to be just cosmetic changes.

If you were presented with an opportunity to get the DS2, accept nothing less than the AutoSet.  

Crimson Nape makes a good point on a possible class action suit.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation1 battery connection kit good on DS2? OneSnorer 0 426 06-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: OneSnorer
  Dreamstation1 to Dreamstation2 Adjustments johnnyb00 1 805 06-25-2021, 12:26 PM
Last Post: johnnyb00

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.