Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What should I do with my DreamStation1?
RE: What should I do with my DS1
I’ve only used it for 3 months. 
I emailed my doctor and asked if he would allow me to trade on the DS2 and that I overpaid for the DS1. 
So the DS2 offers good therapy ? 
I know Oscar doesn’t support it yet though.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What should I do with my DreamStation1?
You can sell it to Supplier #2 if it has low hours. Give them a call and see what they will offer. I know you said you won't buy used. But I have bought 2 different machines used from Supplier #2. One with one weeks use the other had 3 hours use... Great machines and came with a one year warranty. There is not an issue with covid because the air is being pushed out no air is returned from the used. They are cleaned before they sell them. You could buy one for around 500. ResMed S10 autosense.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. When you said nothing less than the Auto Set you are referring to Res Med right? He doesn’t deal in Res Med products :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 09:15 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Thank you. When you said nothing less than the Auto Set you are referring to Res Med right? He doesn’t deal in Res Med products :-(

If you were to get a DS2, only accept the DS2 Auto Cpap (I think they label it ("advanced")

Although, I think you would do far better if you could obtain a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have moved yours and OpalRose's posts, immediately above, from the Product Review Forum.  

Yes, the Autoset is a model name for one of the Resmed's Airsense 10 models.   You had mentioned that you overpaid for your DS-1, if that is the case, then purchasing a CPAP through one of the suppliers on our list may have a significant financial advantage to you.   Supplier #33 lists an AS10-Autoset for $597.   If a direct purchase interests you, I recommend that you call the supplier directly to see if there are any discounts available.  Sometimes, certain discounts can not be advertised.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 09:15 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Thank you. When you said nothing less than the Auto Set you are referring to Res Med right? He doesn’t deal in Res Med products :-(

Red Flag!!!  Is your doc selling you the machine?  Or does he have a financial interest in the DME that is?  Either way someone has a FINANCIAL interest, NOT a MEDICAL interest in the machine you get.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 08:54 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 08:48 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Does the DS 2 offer proper therapy ?

You would probably receive the same therapy as what the DS1 is giving you.  Although, I don't honestly know if there were any major improvements made to the algorithm itself.  It appears to be just cosmetic changes.

If you were presented with an opportunity to get the DS2, accept nothing less than the AutoSet.  (Advanced)

Crimson Nape makes a good point on a possible class action suit.

When I talked to Philips Turkey representative on the phone, he said that there was no significant change in the algorithm of DS2 and they used a similar algorithm.
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
We must try to abandon it in our hearts before it abandons us.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this isn't the info you're asking for, I'd probably fire the doctor for scripting AND selling you a PAP. His interest is in selling you a PAP just to sell it, but certainly little interest in treating you as a patient.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone

Yes I overpaid for the DS1. If there was a significant improvement in the therapy then I would have swapped an already inflated price I spent on the DS 1 for a free Ds 2.
It sounds like there are not any improvements---OpalRose mentioned the DS2 advanced option as a possibility of having more of the features of the the Air Sense 10 Auto.

I'm really stuck here. Yes my doctor only has his pockets as his interest and not my health or well being. Thats why I was bamboozled with the DS1 purchase through my doctor. I could have bought 2 Air Sense 10's .  

By the time Philips is forced to return money from a lawsuit I'll be due for a new machine. I have not had issues with debris yet in my chamber. 

UGH
Post Reply Post Reply
No, to clarify... I'm not saying you would get the same features or therapy from the DS2 Advanced as the ResMed offers.  

What I am saying is this:  If you are considering a DS2 Advanced (this is the AutoSet), you would likely receive the same therapy as the DS1, except the DS2 is not supported by OSCAR.

If you can find a deal on the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, this is the one to get.  

Hope that clarified a bit.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation1 battery connection kit good on DS2? OneSnorer 0 426 06-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: OneSnorer
  Dreamstation1 to Dreamstation2 Adjustments johnnyb00 1 805 06-25-2021, 12:26 PM
Last Post: johnnyb00

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.