Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What should I do with my DreamStation1?
RE: What should I do with my DreamStation1?
Thank you !
I just sent them an email as well as #22 as mentioned earlier. It’s only 3 months old
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Gideon 
I sent them an email
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 02:43 PM)Rice95 Wrote: Thank you everyone

Yes I overpaid for the DS1. If there was a significant improvement in the therapy then I would have swapped an already inflated price I spent on the DS 1 for a free Ds 2.
It sounds like there are not any improvements---OpalRose mentioned the DS2 advanced option as a possibility of having more of the features of the the Air Sense 10 Auto.

I'm really stuck here. Yes my doctor only has his pockets as his interest and not my health or well being. Thats why I was bamboozled with the DS1 purchase through my doctor. I could have bought 2 Air Sense 10's .  

By the time Philips is forced to return money from a lawsuit I'll be due for a new machine. I have not had issues with debris yet in my chamber. 

UGH

There has not been a significant change to the Philips Respironics therapy algorithm in 20 years.  Seriously, the model before the M-series did the same things. There have been changes in form-factor, humidification, and comfort items, but the Philips Respironics DS 2 is still an evolution of many models before it, not revolutionary.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider. Live and learn as a newbie. I know a lot more than I did when I started thanks to you all. 

Maybe a new Airsense is in the cards someday soon. All I need is money.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
@Rice95 - I understand that Second Wind (see them on the supplier list) sells new-in-box and very slightly used equipment quite reasonably. I have not used them myself but have read good things. This may be worth considering.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thank you !! I’ll check them out !
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 08:22 PM)Rice95 Wrote: Thank you !
I just sent them an email as well as #22 as mentioned earlier. It’s only 3 months old

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread.  Are you renting this machine?  If so, hand it back to your DME and tell them you'd like to cancel your rental.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2021, 08:01 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 08:22 PM)Rice95 Wrote: Thank you !

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread.  Are you renting this machine?  If so, hand it back to your DME and tell them you'd like to cancel your rental.
No, I unfortunately bought it …and I was bamboozled by my doctor and paid more than twice what it’s worth
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the basic lessons we have learned here is not to use a doctor with in-house sales or DME services, a.k.a. one-stop shopping. Insured individuals should always select from a list of in-network providers published by their insurance. Medicare patients should verify their doctors and DME are "participating suppliers" which means they "accept assignment". This means they accept payment by Medicare as payment in full.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bummer. So sorry to hear it.

Lesson learned: if you're going to buy out-of-pocket, at least get a better price by buying from Amazon or one of the suppliers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation1 battery connection kit good on DS2? OneSnorer 0 426 06-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: OneSnorer
  Dreamstation1 to Dreamstation2 Adjustments johnnyb00 1 804 06-25-2021, 12:26 PM
Last Post: johnnyb00

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.