Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What should I do?
RE: What should I do?
Auto isn't enough, my prescription was for an auto pap and they sold me a 3B medical autopap (which is in the middle nonreporting unless you have some serial jack). It worked but I also wanted a S9 so I just bought my own used will use the other as back up. There is quite a difference and I think it was worth it just to have the full reporting. If you can get one right off it would be best.
Good Luck
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you all for taking the time to respond with such great information. I will let you know how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mafidom,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I agree with what has been said, so far.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and getting the machine you want right off the bat.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
With the estimated 50% failure rate for CPAP users there must be a lot of machines out there.

The DME's may have collected a lot of them when the users didn't make the required compliance numbers, but there are probably also a bunch of people that started off pretty good but gave up too.

I am happy that you found a good quality machine that you could afford. Good for you!

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
So the lady called friday and I advised her that I contacted my insurance and that they said both machines are compliant for my needs so I told her that I will on accept a auto cpap machine. She sounded frustrated and said she will call me back which she never did. So today Monday she calls me and says that she is waiting for my auto cpap machine because it's a 'special' order lol

She said that most likely Wednesday they will send the guy to set me up. She still doesn't know any model numbers lol

I guest I will find out on Wednesday. Hopefully I get a decent machine. Stay tuned....
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 06:20 PM)mafidom Wrote: So the lady called friday and I advised her that I contacted my insurance and that they said both machines are compliant for my needs so I told her that I will on accept a auto cpap machine. She sounded frustrated and said she will call me back which she never did. So today Monday she calls me and says that she is waiting for my auto cpap machine because it's a 'special' order lol

She said that most likely Wednesday they will send the guy to set me up. She still doesn't know any model numbers lol

I guest I will find out on Wednesday. Hopefully I get a decent machine. Stay tuned....

I would call this person back and get the specific part number for the unit they are going to supply. If she claims not to have the Brand and part#, she is lying and/or lazy. I think the part number for the ResMed S9 Autoset is #36005. Also make sure they are providing the H5i heated humidifier.

I had to fight this same battle, and won, and believe me it was worth every bit of the effort. When I told the DME rep what I wanted, he said "We've moved away from that product". I then asked if they could supply it. He said "Yes, but it will be s Special Order". I said I didn't care how long it took to get it, because I expected to live with it for years. If I didn't have this machine, it's capabilities, and the data it can provide, there is NO WAY my therapy would have worked as well as it has.

Don't shortchange yourself - the time to do something about this issue is BEFORE you accept the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2014, 06:20 PM)mafidom Wrote: She said that most likely Wednesday they will send the guy to set me up. She still doesn't know any model numbers lol

Before you "accept delivery" be sure to have the guy show you the machine. Check the model number for yourself. Make sure that it is an S9 AutoSET and not an S9 Auto Escape (or maybe it's an S9 Escape Auto).

DMEs have been known to try to convince a customer that there is no difference between an AutoSET and an Auto Escape. There's a big difference.

If the delivery guy tries to set you up with an Auto Escape, politely, but firmly tell him this is not the machine you ordered and that you are unwilling to accept delivery. Do NOT sign any papers saying you are refusing therapy; just inform the guy that if the DME will not correct the problem by ordering the correct machine, that you will take your prescription and business elsewhere. And then start calling other DMEs that are in your insurance's network.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2014, 01:10 AM)robysue Wrote:
(03-31-2014, 06:20 PM)mafidom Wrote: She said that most likely Wednesday they will send the guy to set me up. She still doesn't know any model numbers lol

Before you "accept delivery" be sure to have the guy show you the machine. Check the model number for yourself. Make sure that it is an S9 AutoSET and not an S9 Auto Escape (or maybe it's an S9 Escape Auto).

DMEs have been known to try to convince a customer that there is no difference between an AutoSET and an Auto Escape. There's a big difference.

Yes, the model name printed next to on/off button
[Image: s9-pic1.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.