Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What should I expect next?
What should I expect next?
After having a sleep study and being determined to have a mild case of sleep apnea, I had an appointment with a supplier who provided me with a S9 machine. That was a little over 30 days ago. I couple days ago I sent my SD card to the suppler as requested, as I assume they want to check for compliance. Not sure what else they'll look at, hopefully the data will be sent to the doctor at the sleep study clinic, who I have yet to see. I am expecting they'll review the data and suggest changes if needed to pressure, etc.
Just wondering what I should expect now? And will I be expected to send the card in every 30 days or so? Any insight would be appreciated as I have no idea where I go from here.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What should I expect next?
Sending the card in is to establish your "compliance" so the insurance company will pay them. Once that's done they probably won't want you to send the card in anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which model S9 did you get? Hopefully it's either the Elite or the AutoSet.

Most entities wanting to see compliance only look for 70% greater than 4 hours over the first month or first three months. After that you probably won't be asked for the card again unless you have a really good sleep doc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2014, 01:47 PM)wmjstu53 Wrote: After having a sleep study and being determined to have a mild case of sleep apnea, I had an appointment with a supplier who provided me with a S9 machine. That was a little over 30 days ago. I couple days ago I sent my SD card to the suppler as requested, as I assume they want to check for compliance. Not sure what else they'll look at, hopefully the data will be sent to the doctor at the sleep study clinic, who I have yet to see. I am expecting they'll review the data and suggest changes if needed to pressure, etc.
Just wondering what I should expect now? And will I be expected to send the card in every 30 days or so? Any insight would be appreciated as I have no idea where I go from here.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, they are only checking for compliance. I am new myself but after reading many threads and also, being originally provided with a machine classified as a Brick (only compliance data available), the docs don't seem to care or use the data. Basically, I think I read that all they do is ask how you are feeling and use, I think, an Epworth Sleepiness Scale to eval how you're doing.

I have yet to see my doc but I'm not holding my breath for him to get "down and dirty" with the data my machine provides.

Stay tuned, others more experienced may be able to give better insight!
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2014, 01:47 PM)wmjstu53 Wrote: Not sure what else they'll look at, hopefully the data will be sent to the doctor at the sleep study clinic, who I have yet to see.
They don,t care much whether the treatment is working or not, just to satisfy insurance compliance requirement so they get paid

Also depend on the model of your machine, some machines just report usage hours and others report usage hours and efficacy data such as AHI, leak. You check the data on the machine screen sleep report and on your computer via the SD card
1) AutoSet - 2) Elite - 3) Escape Auto - 4) Escape
1 & 2 are data capable machines

Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate all the responses. It looks like I'm on my own for the long haul. I sure am glad you folks exist. As for the machine I have, its a S9 Elite.
This forum has been great, and its much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

You are in a good place here. Even those of us that have had follow ups with doctors, learn more here. It helps to talk with those in the trenches of CPAP. Good luck with your therapy. Keep asking questions. You want your AHI to be under 5 and leaks to be under 24L/min.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2014, 03:37 PM)wmjstu53 Wrote: Appreciate all the responses. It looks like I'm on my own for the long haul. I sure am glad you folks exist. As for the machine I have, its a S9 Elite.
This forum has been great, and its much appreciated!

That's a data capable machine. Congrats

Change your sig to say ResMed S9 Elite.

You an use SleepyHead or Rescan to download and view your data. That should help a lot with understanding and managing your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night, don't know what to expect Albo1950 4 545 07-23-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Albo1950
  What can I expect from the DVLA (UK) after reporting OSA? Quarky68 1 655 06-21-2023, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  What to expect from DME Sorfosh 10 1,073 03-24-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Sorfosh
  Can use some advice on what to expect and what to do first. triemferent 15 1,628 09-27-2020, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  How soon to expect results Linnea 5 1,538 04-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Linnea
  What AHI figure should I expect to see? ghce 16 2,575 04-22-2018, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  spouse goes for sleep study soon...what to expect after? mavericktx 21 3,681 01-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: ghstudio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.