Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What size pillow for Airfit p10 (in place of p30i)?
What size pillow for Airfit p10 (in place of p30i)?
Hi

I've been using the Resmed p30i mask with medium pillow. I want to try out the p10 mask as I hear it might be quieter.

1. Any opinions on noise and comfort from people who've used both?
2. Would the medium pillow work for me on the p10, or do I need to order the whole range of sizes?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What size pillow for Airfit p10 (in place of p30i)?
Hello Benzi,
I have used both masks. I find the p30 more comfortable but the leaks are more difficult to control. With covid-induced restrictions, mostly going without haircuts, the leaks with the p30 have become more troublesome and I have switched back to P10 for the duration of the severe restrictions. I have found that the pillow sizes are similar. On both masks I find M preferable but L is also acceptable. There is increased noise with the P30 but it os not too noticeable (at least for me).
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend getting the fit pack (S, M, L). The slightly different structure of the masks may make a difference to which size works best for you in terms of both comfort and leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all!

BTW, I sometimes see the p10 pictured with a short tube connected to it. Is this something that I connect to the full-length (6') tube? Is it an essential part of the mask? Part of the frame?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you connect the short hose to your long hose. The short hose is built in to the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry - I meant to embed this picture:
[Image Representing a Commercial Site Removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Image Representing a Commercial Site Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
And do I need these strap covers?

-----
Moderator Action: Image with watermark DME Link Removed  Search for Resmed P10 Strap covers

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
As Dormeo mentioned, the short tube is built into the frame. From what I recall, the strap cannot be disconnected. I used the p10 for years before switching to the p30i. I like the straps better on the p10 because they can be spread farther apart on the back of my head and consequently less likely (for me at least) to dislodge when I turn. However, as a stomach sleeper, I'm sticking with the p30i because it doesn't protrude as far into the pillow and jam against my nose compared to the p10. For me, the amount noise and leaks were similar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2021, 07:38 AM)NotADr Wrote: As Dormeo mentioned, the short tube is built into the frame.  From what I recall, the strap cannot be disconnected.  I used the p10 for years before switching to the p30i.  I like the straps better on the p10 because they can be spread farther apart on the back of my head and consequently less likely (for me at least) to dislodge when I turn.  However, as a stomach sleeper, I'm sticking with the p30i because it doesn't protrude as far into the pillow and jam against my nose compared to the p10.  For me, the amount noise and leaks were similar.

Thanks NotADr, the straps I was referring to are  not those of the headgear, but straps are sold for wrapping around the headgear so that it doesn't rub against your cheeks. I want to know whether the headgear is really uncomfortable.
I'm a side sleeper, so maybe the p10 would be better for me than my current p30i.
Regarding the noise: the hollow p30i frame comes down in front of my ears, so I hear the air whishing through it. I'm hoping that with the p10 I might hear less....
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what you mean - are you referring to strap covers? I had some but I didn't use them much. Re the pillow, I tried both the L and M sizes for both masks - for the p30i, the L didn't work at all. For the p10, I had less leakage with the L, but the M also worked to some degree.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,185 2 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,574 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.