Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What (sleeping) pillow do you like and why?
RE: What (sleeping) pillow do you like and why?
I have slept with my new buckwheat   "bucky" pillow.     I have taken out more of the hulls a few times .     They expect you to remove some of the hulls and save them, in case you need to add them back later.     It is an interesting pillow,  and I will continue trying it at times.     It is firm,   but you can  shape it,   hollow out a space for head , ears,   mask.         

So far my favorite sleeping pillow is   "My Pillow".     I removed a large amount of the shredded foam that it is stuffed with.    It can be washed and dried in our home  clothes washer and dryer  (sometimes an advantage.)     Pillows are  always too stuffed for me,   I need thinner pillows.   

This has been an interesting thread.   I have enjoyed reading all the posts.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just re-read this thread.    I bought a buckwheat pillow previously, and a My Pillow previously.   I had to take out lots of stuffing from both of them.   I like them both.  actually, I like them mixed together.    The directions with my buckwheat pillow said do not wash it.    So my hybrid pillow can't be washed, but I do like it, and I still have stuffing left over from both of them, so I can continue to experiment.   When I bought the Bucky pillow from Vermont Country Store, I also bought a couple extra pillowcases,   perfectly sized for the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on the other side of the spectrum.

I use a goose down pillow. And love it. It easily conforms to whatever shape I need, whenever and wherever I need it, with little effort. I've always liked goose down pillows before PAP. And after experimenting with several other types of pillows (bamboo, memory foam to name a couple) while on PAP therapy, I have returned to my goose down pillow and don't know why I ever tried anything else.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing your experience with the buckwheat pillow! It's great that you're able to adjust it to your liking.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hated buckwheat plow. Too hard. Also dislike down pillows, too fluffy and collapses too easily.

My fav is cheap Target pillow that is firm fill.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ice cube from pillow Cube. I have a bucket and have used it for years, but I recently switched to left side sleeping and it was a little too hard. The cube work well. It supports my head and neck and mi p30i nasal pillow and dreamware full face both work fine with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 983 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.