Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What (sleeping) pillow do you like and why?
What (sleeping) pillow do you like and why?
Looking for recommendations on a sleeping pillow. I've always used a down pillow but am having trouble arranging it around my mask, especially since my ear is very sensitive to being mashed between head and pillow. (Left side sleeper.) I've looked at various CPAP pillows on the megawebsite-that-shall-not-be-named (lol) but figured the experienced users here would be a good resource.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What (sleeping) pillow do you like and why?
I am certainly no expert but I had a similar problem recently and I got a buckwheat hull pillow and that took care of it.  I was recommended a Comfycomfy (search the internet) and those people were very good although not cheap.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my primary pillow is an old down queen-size pillow so my choices probably won't help. Nevertheless: I use a duck-feather pillow behind/under my back (not nearly as soft as down), a feather pillow against my chest (not as soft as duck), and a medium foam pillow against and between my shins. My most comfortable position is on my right side and it's unusual for me to roll over during the night. (Climbing over pillows after getting up for micturition often results in my sleeping on my left side.)

I have had a "memory foam" type shaped pillow (don't know what happened to it; I'd forgotten about it until now) that took a bit of time to get used to, after which it was my favorite. The shape was designed for back-sleepers, which I was when I was young. I'm sure you could find that type designed for side-sleepers. They are about as costly as are good (real) down pillows.

If you use extra pillows to prevent rolling over during the night, I think you'll find that most any inexpensive pillow of a tolerable firmness will be satisfactory.

Hope that helps. Happy snoozing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Splintek SleepRight Side Sleeping Memory Foam Pillow. I use the p10 pillows mask, and there is no interference and this pillow supports my neck like none other.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
ComfyComfy buckwheat hull pillow. If you search these forums, you will see my posts about them (sorry, about to head out for an appointment). Sign up for the newsletter and check their instagram page before purchasing. They just had a 20% off code that ended yesterday.
Post Reply Post Reply
"My Pillow" like the one on TV. Works for me! That reminds me, Fred Dryer on the TV show Hunter use to say "works for me". Sorry! Old man moment getting off the subject.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got this one from Walmart, and I like it. It's also much cheaper than most so-called "Cpap pillows".

Modern Sleep Contour Memory Foam Pillow for CPAP Machines
Post Reply Post Reply
“My Pillow” brand. Supports my neck well.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAPFit buckwheat chaff pillow. $50 from Amazon. Most other buckwheat chaff pillows are provably good. Get one with a zipper that permits adjusting the amount of buckwheat chaff. The CPAPFit is overfilled so you have plenty but can adjust to the amount that works best for you.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto on the recommend of needing a zipper.

For buckwheat hulls, you need the ability to add or subtract hulls to achieve the amount to suit your personal needs. Over time, they can compress and you need the ability to add more (a high quality pillow will last a lifetime, or so it seems to me in looking at the craftsmanship on the ones I have).

There is one pillow, I'm not sure of the name, that is a combination of buckwheat hulls and chunks of memory foam. One of the complaints for this pillow is that the memory foam deteriorates over time and you'd definitely want zippered access to be able to remove it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 250 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.