Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What specific type of soap do you use to clean Cpap tube?
I'm with PaytonA. I don't wash my cpap hose. The only thing that ever goes through the hose is filtered air that has passed over distilled water. I am still using my original hose that is almost two years old. No problems.

I use a few drops of Johnson's baby shampoo in a half sink of warm water to clean the face mask. After it is rinsed well and air dried, it is pleasant to sleep with.

YMMV, Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
But what happens if you snarf during the night? Don't you want to clean that grunge out?

Post Reply Post Reply
There's a flap that closes if you exhale, cough, or sneeze. I'm not sure it blocks everything, though.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

The flap is part of an anti-asphyxiation valve that allows air in and out of the mask when no air is not coming from the blower. When air is coming from the blower the flapper closes off the anti-asphyxiation vent and everything runs normally

Best Regards,

PaytonA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube Kathy123 8 329 08-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Dreamstation-Where are the Settings for Mask Type bluemom51 5 309 07-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mask type setting on Dreamstation? speed3914 1 178 07-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Russatrice
  [Equipment] HDM Q tube sound baffle SleepBunny 1 145 07-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] So clean pogosix 27 1,558 05-31-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Shorter tube than Climate Line Tubing? hmucha 9 360 04-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Newbie DreamStation Auto BiPAP with humidifier and heated tube DSX700T11 que0x 8 1,033 03-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94